Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kickk2Krookk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I have an April 2010 White Macbook, and I recently installed Bootcamp using Windows 7 32bit. I have a problem with the Wi-Fi, it doesen't even reconize it. But that's the least of my concerns, I can't boot back into OSX Lion. Ive tried the option key but all that comes up is a lock. It looks like it wants me to type in a password but ive tried all of them. Any help would be great. :)

Beezzy

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
You need to go back into OSX Lion

1. Turn off you Mac, then reboot and hold down the option key, then select OSX to go back into your Mac OSX.

2. Go back into your Boot Camp Assistant and burn a copy of the Apple/Windows Drivers disk onto a blank DVD. Eject the disk when finished

3. Repeat step one except select Windows at the HDD screen.

4. Insert your Driver DVD and install.

5. Restart after install and you should be good to go.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Ive tried the option key but all that comes up is a lock.

1. Turn off you Mac, then reboot and hold down the option key, then select OSX to go back into your Mac OSX.

I missed the no WiFi bit, i.e. no Boot Camp Drivers, but you missed that Option doesn't currently work.

It may be worse than I feared. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1282557/ suggests that the RAM process no longer removes the Firmware password.

OP do you have a Genius Bar nearby?

B

kpgh554

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
iver england
Read this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1312593/ Can you switch which OS to boot to from within Windows?

You probably have a Firmware password set. You can clear it by removing some RAM from the system.

B

if you have a recovery disc or boot disc does it boot from that if so in utilities there is a firmware reset prog. in it not sure how work as never used myself. but maybe someone more savvy might give a tip.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Is that a shop?

Yes, sorry Apple Support within the Apple retail stores.

if you have a recovery disc or boot disc does it boot from that if so in utilities there is a firmware reset prog. in it not sure how work as never used myself. but maybe someone more savvy might give a tip.

I believe that is a chicken and egg problem. AFAIK Lion won't boot from the recovery partition or an external (since you can't hit Alt/Option or "C" etc...) without the password.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.