MacBook Insurance, anyone heard of Worth Ave. Group?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dontwalkhand, Dec 22, 2011.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I was thinking about buying an insurance policy for my MacBook Pro, and they gave me a quote of just $190 or so, so I was thinking about jumping the gun. Has anyone heard of Worth Ave. Group? What is the Claims process like?

I really just need it just in case something happens to it that AppleCare would not cover, such as theft, or water damage (though I make it a rule to never eat near my computer).

But the website looks like one of those scam "Free iPod" websites, etc, so I do not want to pay for something that won't deliver.

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

You should look at your homeowners/renters insurance and see what they can provide against theft. I think applecare+ should cover you on dropping/accidental damage.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Applecare+ is for the iPhone, not for their computers. As far as I know there's nothing from Apple that will cover accidental damage to a MBP.

Checking into your homeowners/renters insurance policy is a good idea, though. It probably won't add much to your rates, and you know you'll be dealing with a reputable company.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

IIRC, Square Trade has an accidental damage policy, but I don't know what the purchase requirements are.

5. snazzyiphoneguy macrumors member

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

He's looking for accidental damage coverage, Applecare doesn't include that.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you even read the original post?

8. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Ever look at most of his posts? Usually drops a message like that and runs back under the bridge :)

9. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Don't worry, I read everything! I am here every day, though I may not say much ;-)

10. heathie02 macrumors newbie

I had an Insurance policy with Worth Ave for my 55 inch flat screen because kids had broken one and lightening got another and when the kids broke the third one which was covered I sent them the pictures of the damage and a copy of the receipt and they sent me a check to replace it. The insurance they have for iPhones, iPads, and computers covers basically everything so I think it would be a good option.

11. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

If you are in Verizon coverage area. As little as 10 dollars a month you can cover 5 computers. Even thou they are out of warranty...even a 5 years old computer. They will fix it with 80 dollars deductible. They also cover accidental damage ask your Verizon representative.

Edit:

They call it Verizon Protection Pack

12. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I second the homeowner's/renter's insurance policy. Most policies already cover devices you own while they are anywhere in the world. Look into your policy and speak with your insurance agent as covering your devices will be significantly cheaper with one of these policies (not to mention that it covers everything you own, not just a single device).