Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaseardoin7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
yikes!
well i did the thing that I've known for a long time that I would eventually do. I have totally lost the little part of the ac adpter that is removable. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about, its the piece with the two prongs that can fold in and out and can be removed from the power block.

what are my options now? it's still under warranty.
could i just call tech support and buy a replacement?
do i have to buy an entirely new adapter just for that piece?

anyone know or had this happen to them before?

thanks

-chase :apple:

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
If you buy apples World Traveller kit, you'll get the prongs for all over the world, including the two pronged US one. I don't believe you can buy them individually though but the world traveller kit is cheaper than buying a whole new AC adapter.

Edit: Beaten to it by EricNau

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Yeah, call Apple and see if they can help you. At the very worst, you'll end up having to buy the travel kit, which gets you the part you need plus prongs for a whole bunch of other countries that you probably don't need (unless you happen to travel overseas, then it would be a nifty thing to have).

You might also try looking around for an old iPod adapter, may be cheaper than the travel kit and the pluggy bit is the same.

chaseardoin7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
lol, oh wow, thanks for mentioning about the old iPod adapter. I actually have one in my closet! haha, u just saved me some money! :D

Yeah, call Apple and see if they can help you. At the very worst, you'll end up having to buy the travel kit, which gets you the part you need plus prongs for a whole bunch of other countries that you probably don't need (unless you happen to travel overseas, then it would be a nifty thing to have).

You might also try looking around for an old iPod adapter, may be cheaper than the travel kit and the pluggy bit is the same.

chaseardoin7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
lol

better yet, i just used the one that came with my iPhone, it works fine. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.