MacBook, MacBook Air & Mac mini Lineup Refreshes Soon…

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XcodeCrazy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. XcodeCrazy, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011

XcodeCrazy macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

New MacBook, MacBook Air and Mac mini lineup refreshes are reportedly on their way. Like mentioned at the release of the Late 2010 MacBook Air, the MacBook Air was supposed to be, "The next generation of MacBooks". Could Apple have specifically meant a change in the next MacBook generation? If so, we'll likely see a thinner and faster MacBook on the way. The MacBook Air lineup, on the other hand, will definitely see an upgrade to Thunderbolt technology, as well as a possible SDXC card slot on both the 13-inch and 11-inch MacBook Airs. Last but not least, we can't forget about the Mac mini. I myself, have never owned a 'new' Mac, however, I do currently own a PowerBook G4 and Power Mac G4, both of which I'm hoping to sell quick for cash towards a new Mac mini. But should I wait? The new MacBook, MacBook Air, and Mac mini lineup refreshes are expected to be either announced or released sometime between late July, early September. If you have supporting evidence to prove me otherwise, please post it below. Thanks! And feel free to comment on my thread!

Matt Thompson
    XcodeCrazy
    June 30, 2011

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There are about 500 threads already discussing exactly this.

3. XcodeCrazy, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

XcodeCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

Don't worry. I know there are tons of threads out there discussing this. However, this is the first one I've ever posted, and I just want to put my opinion out there. I'm hoping to see these changes in the next generations.

MacBook:

1.6 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i7 (With Option To Upgrade To 1.8 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i7)
    2 GB DDR3 Memory (With Option To Upgrade To Either 4 GB or 8 GB)
    320 GB Hard Drive [Or 128 GB Flash Storage] (With Option To Upgrade To Either 256 or 512)
    8 x Double - Layer SuperDrive
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M With 1 GB GDDR5
    Built - In Battery (7 hours)

$1,049.00 CAN

MacBook Air:

11-inch:

2.1 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i3 (With Option To Upgrade To 2.3 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i5)
    2 GB DDR3 Memory (With Option To Upgrade To 4 GB)
    64 GB Flash Storage (With Option To Upgrade To Either 128 or 256)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

$1,049.00 CAN

13-inch:

2.5 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i5 (With Option To Upgrade To 2.7 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i7)
    2 GB DDR3 Memory (With Option To Upgrade To 4 GB)
    128 GB Flash Storage (With Option To Upgrade To Either 256 or 512)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

$1,349.00 CAN

Mac mini:

2.7 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i5 (With Option To Upgrade To 2.9 GHz Dual - Core Intel Core i7)
    2 GB DDR3 Memory (With Option To Upgrade To Either 4 GB or 8 GB)
    320 GB Hard Drive (With Option To Upgrade To Either 500 or 750)
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M With 512 MB (With Option To Upgrade To Either AMD Radeon HD 6770M With 512 MB or AMD Radeon HD 6770M With 1 GB)

$699.00 CAN

These are just my ideas.

Matt Thompson
    XcodeCrazy
    June 30, 2011

4. TSE macrumors 68030

No offense, but those are terrible predictions. You are going to be very disappointed.

5. iphonepiephone macrumors regular

Well that's way wrong for a start off, as the current Mac mini can handle 8Gb, so your spec is a downgrade!
    16Gb upgrade please, Mapple? ^_^

6. iphonepiephone, Jun 30, 2011

iphonepiephone macrumors regular

For one who knows about Xcode programming, he sure knows little about the specs of the Mac :p

7. XcodeCrazy, Jun 30, 2011

XcodeCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

I came up with these specifications in like 10 minutes! And yes, I agree it should be upgradeable to possibly 12 or 16 GB RAM in next generations, however, you can't forget that Apple constantly try to make their products smaller and smaller and therefore, some exemptions have to be made. And the reason I wrote 2 GB expandable to 4 GB was because I was writing really fast. And actually, I know a lot about Mac specifications. I want to see you try and write out that many specifications that actually make sense in the amount of time I did. I was just throwing my opinion out there! Please reply to this and let me know what each of you hope to see in future Mac mini specifications!

Matt Thompson
    XcodeCrazy
    June 30, 2011

8. XcodeCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

Trust me, I know how to predict. Thanks for the positive comment though. ;)

9. XcodeCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

Funny how you poor predictors downgraded my comment for stating the truth. Get lives!

10. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

anyone who predicts a 8x superdrive in the macbook air.... clearly does not know how to predict sorry.

11. XcodeCrazy thread starter macrumors newbie

XcodeCrazy

I already stated that I wrote those in like ten minutes, I'm not an idiot. The MacBook Air is one of my favourite computers for the sheer fact that it has no optical drive. Now that we have the Mac App Store, why would we even need optical drives, right? Or wait! WATCHING MOVIES! Oh, yeah. iTunes. RIPPING CDs! Oh, yeah. iTunes. We don't need SuperDrives anymore unless we're burning discs, which is why there is a MacBook Air SuperDrive. To be honest, I hope they don't have a SuperDrive in the next generation Mac mini. That way there will be more space for internal hard drive storage.

12. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Are you drunk? You said the air would have a 8x super drive; I don't care how fast you were typing you're predictions make no sense.

Regardless, there's too many of these threads already; your guess is just as wrong as everyone else. Wait a few days and they'll actually be released and you'll know the specs, rather then pulling them out of your, ummmm, foot.

13. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

All new Macs will have a minimum of 4GB RAM. It's gotten cheap enough now and Lion almost demands it.

The MacBook (if there is a new one) will most likely have the same specs as the new Mac Mini, and both will have i5's not i7's. Both the mini and the MacBook will only have Intel graphics. There is no room for a separate graphics processor in either.

14. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Thanks for your predictions - too bad it's the wrong thread... :eek: