Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chef On The Go

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Their has been many posts about lose cover and uneven problems with the MacBooks.. I have notice by my pics and other that the problem is on the side by the Hard Drive, that is were my cover sticks up

Anyway I was own the phone with Apple Support about this and I sent them a pic. After serval test he made me do he thinks that the Way the Hard Drive is place is causing this issues.. He belives over time it will become more lose and dirt or other items will get inside and cause problems with the battery or Hard Drive..

I having my sent back for a full refund because if this is true then every macbook or MacBook pro that came out Oct 14 will have the same problem

What you guys think ????

CoolMacDude

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Their has been many posts about lose cover and uneven problems with the MacBooks.. I have notice by my pics and other that the problem is on the side by the Hard Drive, that is were my cover sticks up

Anyway I was own the phone with Apple Support about this and I sent them a pic. After serval test he made me do he thinks that the Way the Hard Drive is place is causing this issues.. He belives over time it will become more lose and dirt or other items will get inside and cause problems with the battery or Hard Drive..

I having my sent back for a full refund because if this is true then every macbook or MacBook pro that came out Oct 14 will have the same problem

What you guys think ????

If you are unhappy with it send it back. If you like the product get another. If you are worried get applecare and cross your fingers as all of us early adopters are guinea pigs. If it dies you will either get it fixed or a replacement.

If you can get a replacement that makes you feel comfortable don't miss out on a great computer. If its going to make you worry start considering other solutions or computers. I scored applecare for my MBP for 140 bucks after live.com discount.

MacDrummer

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2005
I'm going to try and drive to the apple store tomorrow to see a genius. Could you post (or PM me) the name of the individual you talked to at apple care or give a case number if you were given one so the genius I go to can reference it?

Usually they are pretty stubborn about replacements/exchanges and I think this will help my case!

Good luck! I hope you can get a new MBP soon!!!!

Chef On The Go

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I'm going to try and drive to the apple store tomorrow to see a genius. Could you post (or PM me) the name of the individual you talked to at apple care or give a case number if you were given one so the genius I go to can reference it?

Usually they are pretty stubborn about replacements/exchanges and I think this will help my case!

Good luck! I hope you can get a new MBP soon!!!!

I'm sending it back because it's a design issue

If you are unhappy with it send it back. If you like the product get another. If you are worried get applecare and cross your fingers as all of us early adopters are guinea pigs. If it dies you will either get it fixed or a replacement.

If you can get a replacement that makes you feel comfortable don't miss out on a great computer. If its going to make you worry start considering other solutions or computers. I scored applecare for my MBP for 140 bucks after live.com discount.

Geting a replacement will not solve the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.