Macbook & Macbook pro owners of new Oct 14 new notebooks please read !!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chef On The Go, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Chef On The Go macrumors newbie

Their has been many posts about lose cover and uneven problems with the MacBooks.. I have notice by my pics and other that the problem is on the side by the Hard Drive, that is were my cover sticks up

Anyway I was own the phone with Apple Support about this and I sent them a pic. After serval test he made me do he thinks that the Way the Hard Drive is place is causing this issues.. He belives over time it will become more lose and dirt or other items will get inside and cause problems with the battery or Hard Drive..

I having my sent back for a full refund because if this is true then every macbook or MacBook pro that came out Oct 14 will have the same problem

What you guys think ????

2. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

If you are unhappy with it send it back. If you like the product get another. If you are worried get applecare and cross your fingers as all of us early adopters are guinea pigs. If it dies you will either get it fixed or a replacement.

If you can get a replacement that makes you feel comfortable don't miss out on a great computer. If its going to make you worry start considering other solutions or computers. I scored applecare for my MBP for 140 bucks after live.com discount.

3. akashhhhh macrumors member

You sir, are a ****ing genius.

Also, to the alarmist OP, mine is fine. Win.

4. MacDrummer macrumors newbie

I'm going to try and drive to the apple store tomorrow to see a genius. Could you post (or PM me) the name of the individual you talked to at apple care or give a case number if you were given one so the genius I go to can reference it?

Usually they are pretty stubborn about replacements/exchanges and I think this will help my case!

Good luck! I hope you can get a new MBP soon!!!!

5. Chef On The Go thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sending it back because it's a design issue

Geting a replacement will not solve the problem

6. polaris20 macrumors 68020

If it was a design issue, wouldn't it be on every single MB and MBP? Because it's not cropping up everywhere.