macbook pro 13" game

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, Dec 24, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

for the 13" 2.4 GHz 2010 MBP, i downloaded armagetron on it and started playing.

each time i played something weird happened.
    the first time the screen literally froze, and nothing would work (and i had no idea what force quit was-- now i know :p) but i managed to get into front row through command Q or something and then exit using that.
    the second time i played, it just wouldnt go anywhere, nothing came up, i had to restart by holding down the power button...

should i stop playing tron on my computer??.. i have a PC desktop and it runs fine on it, but i hate going to my room (its quite cold when compared to the rest of the house)

Also the damn computer gets blazing hot :p i know its meant to happen, as MBP arent game computers, but i swear armagetron is not even that big of a GPU hog or anything?

EDIT:
    another question: on the Macbook Pro FAQ it says:
    -- so would having it on your lap be a bit bad (i know its bad for hte skin, and its a bad habit... but what are included in this?

2. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Beds and couches are the primary places to avoid sitting the computer as they radiate the heat back to the MBP instead of dissipating it. With that said, you can sit them on beds and couches if you are doing basic tasks; but if you do this, I would watch your temp gauge to make sure you stay within spec. Sitting on my bed now, I am at 133 CPU temp (F). Your lap is usually not an issue and depending how you sit it in your lap, it can actually cool better. However, when you are doing CPU intensive tasks, it gets hot (200+ F) and it doesn't feel good on skin (even through clothes) so you may want to relocate to a table if you are gaming or get a lap-wrest which both helps cooling and protects your skin.

3. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

thanks nick..
    anyone know what i should do for armagetron?