Macbook Pro 13" i5 Dual Core for $1,150 or 15" Quad Core for $1,750?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macsuperstar, Jul 4, 2011.

1. macsuperstar macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2011
    --Macbook Pro 13" i5 Dual Core for $1,150 or 15" Quad Core for $1,750???--

Intended use: making youtube videos and videos of 5 minute clips for a website I just started working for, using Final Cut Pro (my brother can get me a really good deal on FCP).

I am very low on funds. I plan to use the i5 for a while...and make enough $ to pay for it's cost...if this line of work is successful...or I get a deal to work on larger, more complex/lucrative video editing projects, I'll sell the i5 for a loss and upgrade.

This new job is part time only and future opportunities with them are unclear. This would be my first Mac. Current computer= $300 walmart single core junker to put things in perspective.

Sound like a a good plan???
  2. kyle1320 macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2011
    In my own little world
    If you're not sure how well things will go, start with the 13". It will do what you want it to do perfectly fine.
  3. mdnz macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2010
    The Netherlands
    You can spend the money you save by going with the 13" by buying an external monitor, it's much easier to work on a large resolution with FCP.
  4. Waffl3s macrumors newbie

Apr 3, 2011
    You can get the 13" i5 for 1000 usually from Microcenter if you have one near by
  5. macsuperstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2011
    Thank you bro.

Had never heard of the place...found one 90 minutes from my house in LA. Got it for $999 as you said, $1,080 with tax. At best buy would have been $1,250 with tax. You just saved me $170. Much better value now and better for resale.

If you're ever in LA drinks are on me.