MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and Mojave?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by cbsnbiker, Oct 8, 2018.

1. cbsnbiker macrumors member

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), 9,2. It's been upgraded with 16 gig of RAM and a 500 gig SSD drive.

App Store doesn't show Mojave as being available for my computer. But I thought that MacBook Pros of my vintage are supported.

Can my computer be upgraded to Mojave? If so, how?

(I don't want to do the workaround. If it can't be done, I'll leave well enough alone.)

(Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I looked but didn't locate such a message.)

2. vince22 macrumors regular

vince22

i have the same MBP, Mojave pretty fast with it....
    blackmagic.jpg

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

You’ve quite obviously cheated to get those speeds though. SATA III is only 6Gb/s so what, you’ve put two SSDs in a RAID format or something?

4. GuestN01 macrumors newbie

Have the same MacBook but not sure if it's worth upgrading to SSD and ram or just buying a new one. But so expensive! Might only get a year out of the upgrade as next upgrade probably won't be compatible

Ideas?

5. saudor macrumors 6502a

Just wants to brag. Any SSD will make the OS super fast - even older ones from <2010

6. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I've got the same MBP and have upgraded memory to 16 and 1TB HD. I'm still on Sierra and have been contemplating an upgrade. This is the non Retina version. This computer works better than the day I bought it. Not sure if it's worth my time to upgrade the OS or leave it where it is at this point. I know at some point I'll have to upgrade to a new OS or even a new Mac but trying to squeeze everything out of this one that I can. I'm curious if others have updated the same model and can share thoughts on performance.

Regarding the visibility in App Store, I get notifications every few days saying learn more about Mojave or download now. In the store, it used to appear in the Free column if memory serves me right but the only way I can pull it up now is to click on Mojave from the top banner.

7. NastyNatex macrumors newbie

You can keep it on Sierra for now because you're still receiving security updates. It's just once the security updates stop (Newer Mac OS released) that's when you need to update OS.