Macbook Pro 13", OS X snow leopard 10.6.2 : lookig for 1920x1200 display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by madike, Mar 25, 2010.

1. madike macrumors newbie

Dear forumers,

I'm in big trouble after googlig all possible forum about my problem. Even the applecare support can't answer me:apple:. In fact I'm a bit desperate to find the best solution:confused:.

What good quality, but affordable mat display (not like apple cinema display) can I use for my Macbook Pro 13", OS X snow leopard 10.6.2 to obtain a 1920x1200 resolution minimum ?

Any suggestions, maybe a Samsung model like 275T+ or 2343BWX ?

Tanks a lot for your help.
    Mike

2. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Like keithers24 said, Dell makes really good displays. Actually, I do have a Dell 2709W that I might want to get rid of. I would have PM'ed you, but you apparently have it disabled, and you don't have enough posts for the Marketplace. But if you might be interested, shoot me a PM and we'll talk.

The two screens you posted are really far apart as far as quality and price...how much are you looking to spend?

4. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

Ya I guess the price point would help LOL affordable to some may be outrageous to others!

5. madike thread starter macrumors newbie

Price

Damn, Price is $499 but 657€ (i'm in France) . LOL why dell deal price are so different ?

The Samsung 2343BWX is around 215,96 € and the 2693HM is 292,35€ .

The are not perfect but seem have a good average price/quality .
    Anybody use one of them ?

Actually I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster 2233bw and work perfectly, just 1680x1050 limited. And I really love work on dual page display.

6. madike thread starter macrumors newbie

I tested my apple mb pro on the 3007WFP but it make me sad to have a compatibility probleme. Can't have a 2500 pix display, can't have 1900pix, just the half : 1280pix.

That why I really prefer not buying Dell and sell my 3007WFP after have buy a new one to have 1 display for my 2 computers, 30" take too much place on my desk.

7. NogbadTheBad macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

Don't you need a Dual-Link DVI to drive monitors over 1920 x 1200 ?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MTA4MzU1ODY

8. madike thread starter macrumors newbie

9. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

If I'm not mistaken, the Dell 3007WFP uses a very similar (if not the same) panel as the Apple 30" Cinema Display, which requires Dual Link DVI to utilize all of its pixels.
    From the Dell US website: To fully utilize your new 3007WFP monitor and enjoy the ultra-high resolution settings, your PC must have a dual-link DVI-D graphics card that supports 2560x1600 resolution. These dedicated high-end video cards are offered with select XPS desktops and Dell Precision workstations, or separately through the Dell.com Electronics & Accessories store. A high-quality video card is necessary for you to take advantage of all the 30-inch monitor's features, including high-definition viewing. Please make sure that your PC either has or can support a dual-link DVI-D graphics card before purchasing this monitor.

You just need the Dual-link DVI-D connector for your MBP. It should work 100% with this cable.

10. toksuede macrumors newbie

If you have an ebay account...

... you can get it via ebay uk.

If you search for "U2410" on ebay UK, you'll come up with results like this:
    http://bit.ly/as8HHY

I also live in France and bought the U2410 from one of these sellers. Arrived in about a week and saved about 200 Euros. To top it all off, since the monitor is coming from the UK, you don't have to pay any import tax. :) It also comes with the manufacture's warranty, so if it's bad, you can have it exchanged in Dell France.

The best price I found was the one from price minister and it's around 580 Euros with delivery.

Hope this helps.

11. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Yes. You need this: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MTM1OTI2MTE

Otherwise, you'll be limited to 1920x1200. No need for a new monitor--just the right adapter.

12. madike thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope this is true, I will receive it Wednesday !!!
    I'll keep you in touch !:)