MacBook Pro 13" to LG HDTV w/ Mini DP to HDMI: NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmurder, May 11, 2010.

1. cmurder macrumors newbie

I am having problems connecting my new MacBook pro 13" to my LG HDTV 37" (720p).

Previously, I connected my 2008 MacBook Pro 15" to the same 37" LG HDTV (720p) using a DVI to HDMI cable with no problems whatsoever. I've been doing this for a while without any issues (watching Netflix through Boxee, and other content through Hulu desktop, using Rowmote to control from my iPhone, etc.), although I had to connect audio to speakers separately.

So when I recently got my brand new MacBook Pro 13", naturally, I wanted to do connect it to my TV. So I bought a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, which also supports audio according to other threads on this site, and connected it to the TV.

Primarily, I wanted to see if this new set up would support audio through the HDMI, but unfortunately, I am not even able to get a video signal on the TV.

My MacBook Pro recognizes the display as an LG TV with a 720p resolution, and the TV actually shows a mirror of my computer for s split second before turning black and saying "No Signal". I spent a while experimenting with the resolution and refresh rate to no avail.

Why was I a able to do this with my 2008 MacBook Pro, but not the new one?

Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions?

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

3. musterbundy, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

musterbundy macrumors newbie

HDMI between MB Pro 13" mid 2010 and LG TV

@cmurder: did you solved your issue? I have a MB Pro 13" mid 2010 and LG TV 32LC41 and I am experiencing the same issue as you do/did. I have a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor and an 1,5m HDMI cable. Connecting my MB Pro to a Samsung Display on its HDMI input works perfectly. I concluded that the HDMI cable and DP-HDMI adaptor should be fine to transmit the video signal.
    When connecting to the LG TV, the MB Pro detects it. When I gather the window in the Display preferences, the window names are "Color LCD" and "LG TV". I tried every resolution and frequencies combination without success. The TV should support 1080p as written in the UserGuide. More Info: I have a HD SAT Receiver which is connected to the TV via HDMI (same cable manufacturer) and video + sound are working fine. So the cable could transport the sound if the MB Pro could. Moreover I guess it is not an HDMI plug/port issue on the TV. I am stuck, please help.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

this is a 2 year old thread I dont think the OP is still working on this(well i hope not) now on to your question, its very confusing what your asking

can you slow it down a break down what your asking

if its an audio issue make sure you go to preferences, sound and than output and make sure output is set to HDMI

if its a resolution issue on your tv, on the tv, in your settings look through the picture settings, on my samsung 40" TV for me to get the best image i had a setting called somthing like "Scan input" or something like that and it made my image fit in the screen nicely

5. musterbundy macrumors newbie

This the issue/ I have "no signal" on my LG TV but still the MB Pro seems to detect my TV because Mac OS X names de Display preferences window: "LG TV".