Macbook Pro 15 2013-Late, black screen on startup with Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter + egpu plugged in

Mgriz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
I tried my egpu (Aorus 2070 RTX) with Thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter on my Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch 2013-Late.

Since my MB doesn't have TB3 (which means I can't plug and play like how it supposed to be used), I tried to find ways for it to work with TB2(installing Windows 10 with UEFI bios, make partition for EFI boot apple os efi, installing thunderbolt driver though the thunderbolt port is not recognized in bootcamp/windows device manager,etc) and now I am at stage to run the egpu by starting up with the egpu already plugged in and boot to the EFI boot.

But when starting up, the display was just black screen and cannot proceed to boot to Windows. What might be causing this issue?

venom600

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Your computer isn't a supported model, so no, it isn't compatible without some work. Fortunately there's an entire site dedicated to this. egpu.io

Mgriz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Your computer isn't a supported model, so no, it isn't compatible without some work. Fortunately there's an entire site dedicated to this. egpu.io
Alright, thanks. I guess I'll check and ask on egpu.io

Reactions: venom600