MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo) - am I able to run OpenGL 1.3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pajhonka, Jul 24, 2011.

1. pajhonka macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've been doing some work with Flash that requires a graphics card that can run OpenGL 1.3. My MacBook Pro is from 2006, so it's a bit older. I have a RadeonX1600 graphics card. According to the AMD product page, its complete feature set is also supported in OpenGL® 2.0.

I am a bit uneducated to graphics cards and how they work. So my question is, am I able to run OpenGL 1.3 with on my MacBook Pro? Thanks! :)

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. pajhonka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response and the link. As I mentioned, I'm not really sure how OpenGL works, but, according to the OpenGL table, my MacBook Pro's Radeon x1600 should be able to render OpenGL 2.0. The table says software rendering though...I am looking to do hardware rendering.

I am running OSX 10.6.8 which I hope will work with Flash Player's new features (as I'm a Flash developer), but I'm not seeing anti-aliasing or hardware rendering on the many of the latest test Flash movies. My driver says it's rendering by Software (Direct blitting). Can anyone shed some light on if/how I can get my GPU to do some of this rendering?

Thank you!