Macbook Pro 17º prob red dots for all screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kasaam, Sep 13, 2010.

1. kasaam macrumors newbie

Hi every one...

Well the reason i am writing this post is because something strange happen to my Macbook Pro.

In the other day i left my mac turn on... well i just close him... nothing else...

And in next day when i open the Macbook... i put the safe code i have and everthing okey until this point... but after i put the safe code... my screen was with a lot of Red Dots spred by all screnn.. and was the first time..so i reboot the mac mas was doing the same thing... and i turn off the mac..and turn on the same... but after some time... the red dots disappeared... well i have but very small.. but i can see better now because my walpaper is black so i can see... so someone know what this can be ??
    It was the first time he did this..... can be the memory´s ? or graphic card ?

I hope someone can tell me or give me some clue about what can be... i hope can be small prob and i can fix...

ps: sorry for my english

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It may be something to do with the logic board. I would make an appointment with an Apple genius and get it checked out.

3. kasaam thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i will do that....
    The strange thing.... i don´t use the computer for games..only to music. i don´t see a lot movies.... this happen without reason.

Well i will take my mac to apple and see....

One thing.... if he have some prob i will not pay nothing right because i have guarantee.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

As long as the problems where not due to accidental damage (It doesn't sound like they are) then yes you should be covered.

5. kasaam thread starter macrumors newbie

well i never drop the laptop... i use him for make music...see some movies.... and one funny thing... he came with 2G of memory...and i went to the store and i bought 4G...today i changed for the 2G and now is working normal....no red Dots nothing... maybe was because of the memory´s.... but i have been already in the apple store...talk with them and in this week i will leave the computer in there... but was weird this.... who knows if was because of the memory´s

6. ljx718 macrumors 6502

ive never hear memory doing that, but it is possible

7. Serenity64 macrumors newbie

Bad ram can cause alot of strange things. If you have the 13'' pro that uses shared video memory perhaps that could be the culprit here; the bad ram effecting the video output like that? Just a thought, maybe someone else might want to elaborate on this.

8. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Firstly your english is fine.
    I have read much worse from native speakers online!

How old is your mac? Have you got apple care?

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Firstly, no it is not. It sounds like he is not native. But, that is expected from someone whose main language is not english.