Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinatownracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Hey interested in buying the new macbook pro and found a place that sells the 2.5ghz/2gb ram/250gb model for 2300$ exactly. That includes tax and everything. Is this a good deal? And should i wait until summer before i buy if they come out with more updates on the macbook pro? looking to buy before college. thanks!

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
Wait as long as you can. You may be sorry if they release new models. I'd say wait. How is that a good deal? That is exactly educational pricing, lol. (I guess besides tax) Not really a deal IMO.

chinatownracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
what do you think is the likelihood of making any updates in the next month or two? i'm doing a summer internship overseas and need a laptop before i leave in june.

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
what do you think is the likelihood of making any updates in the next month or two? i'm doing a summer internship overseas and need a laptop before i leave in june.

Very unlikely. They just had updates in Feb. It won't happen before you leave in June.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.