MacBook Pro Anti-Glare Review: Rasfox Anti-Glare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by reviewguy25, Sep 12, 2010.

1. reviewguy25 macrumors newbie

I was shopping around for a good, quality and inexpensive Anti-Glare film for my 13' Macbook Pro, I am a college student who was annoyed sitting in lecture halls with the glare, I watch a ton of movies and use it indoor and out to give you an idea of my uses, and after about a week of looking it came down too a few:

Moshi iVisor, PowerSupport Film, Green Onions and Rasfox Anti-Glare

I ended up going with the Rasfox, it was 19.99 with free shipping, it was the most inexpensive. I got it in 3 days, and I couldn't be happier, perfect anti-glare, easy application, all air bubbles were easily removed (I used my credit card rather than the included applicator). It came with easy instructions plus a great video online, had a microfiber cloth for cleaning and an applicator. Took me about 15 minutes and the quality of everything is tremendous. Obviously it does now have a matte finish rather than glossy but that is what you are buying. Image quality is still very good. I have had it on perfect performance, under direct light even, inside or out, I highly highly recommend and would buy again in a second.

Here's the product page:
    http://www.rasfox.com/anti-glare-screen-protector-macbook-p-367.html

I have some pictures if anyone would like me to post some! Or any other questions I'd be happy do try and help

2. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Looks pretty neat. Please post before/after pics.

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I decided to give one of these a try after finding them on ebay for $13. I tried the rasfox variety, and I have to say, they are rather difficult to install. To get all the air bubbles out you have to be very good at installing this type of thing, and if there is any piece of lint or anything of that nature, it will leave a small bubble. The protect comes with a front and pack piece of plastic on it, and the static from the plastic attracts things like dust and lint easily. It didn't look too bad on, but the air bubbles underneath made it unusable. If you can install it I'd say it would be worth it, but I couldn't get a clean enough install to make it worth my while.