MacBook Pro Battery Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rossagues, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Rossagues macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have a 8 month old MacBook Pro battery which has been the 2nd replacement of this machine.

It's saying at 97% its full and not charging anymore. Why is this when the battery health is 100%?

Here is a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

Ross

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

But its relatively new battery.. why would it only charge to 97%? It never did this with my old battery! WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN DAYS AFTER MY WARRANTY RUNS OUT!!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the link I posted. It has nothing to do with the age or health of your battery. There is nothing wrong with your battery. It's functioning as designed.

5. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Qe@w

I am reading.. Why does it NOT JUST BLOODY SAY 100%!!!!!!! IT'S 100% FULL SO WHY DOES IT NOT SAY 100%!!!!!@@£

I HATE THIS MACBOOK PRO!

When i remove the charger.. it say 94% Full charged? Im confused!

6. SilverOnemi macrumors member

This is made to protect the battery, you should read the link GGJstudios posted.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You hate your MBP because it functions efficiently, as it was designed to do? Maybe you should buy a Toshiba or Sony.

You're confused because you haven't calmed down enough to read and understand the explanation.

8. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

I have never had a good experience with any apple product.

This is its 14th repair on this 3 year old machine.

I have had 6 iPhone 3GS.. all technical faults.

4 iPod classics..

And i swear the iPhone 5 will just blow up in my hand when i get it!

I just don't understand how I look after my machine for 3 years, and it plays up all the time with silly little things, yet my friends who own similar machines, drop them scratch them and spill drinks on them work perfectly! I'm cursed!

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All Mac notebooks are designed to function in this way. It has nothing to do with any technical faults. There is nothing wrong with your Mac or your battery. Relax!
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR MAC OR YOUR BATTERY! You need a valium!

10. SilverOnemi macrumors member

it does this to prevent unnecessary & constant charging recharging that may shorten the batteries life, there is nothing wrong with the battery. if it didn't do this it would shorten the batteries life span considerably.

apple has done this since my first mac in 2008, i've never had a problem with it.

11. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Alright, Alright! I just had this MacBook Pro fully repaired last week and they say everything fine. The day they returned it the Apple Care has run out and I just don't want anything going wrong with it now.

Thanks for the help.

Quick question: Are the amount of cycles irregular for the time I've had the new battery put in?

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes. It looks like you run on battery all the time, even when you don't need to.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

Do yourself a favor and read all of the Battery FAQ that I posted.

13. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

I've read your guide. What I don't understand is the battery has gone from 97% Full to 92% full while on mains powered.. why is it going down for no reason.

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's covered in the AC POWER section of the FAQ.

15. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You are not going to get any enjoyment out of your computer if you are constantly worried over the battery. It's fine, just try not to obsess over it. I don't mean that in a bad way - it's easy to get obsessive/compulsive over thoughts regarding big purchases and what not, but seriously, your battery is fine and all is well. :)

16. Rossagues thread starter macrumors regular

Rossagues

Alright apologies for complaining all the time. This is just what happened to my 3GS Battery.. it just decreased and decreased and never turned on again. Then Apple blamed it on a irreplaceable part of the phone (PCB).