Macbook Pro dropped 3-4 months ago, but Macbook Pro is still working like a champ

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mellowguy91, Jan 30, 2011.

1. mellowguy91 macrumors newbie

Okay, My mac pro fell about 3 ft onto my carpet floor in my dorm room. It had a hardshell case on but it fell to the corner and broke my headphone jack, but not the jack inside the computer. Anyway, it has survived since that day with a dent and a couple of nicks on the aluminum. Other than that flaw, it has been working. I got it checked out at Apple and ran all the system hardware tests and nothing. Anything I should look out for in the next coming months? Advice would be appreciated. Here's my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC8zfGKq1VY&feature=feedu

Thanks for all the help.

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I don't understand the purpose of your question (or the video).

Keeping, fixing, selling the MBP is entirely up to you. Why do you need someone here to tell you what to do?

3. mellowguy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

What I meant was if I should worry about it breaking down. I posted the video so you all could see the damage.

4. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

5. deeesea macrumors 6502

Make sure you have full disclosure when you sell that thing...

and next time, hold your phone in landscape when you're shooting video, makes it a bit easier for people to look at it, cos it was tiny on youtube D=

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

7. mellowguy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

So it shouldn't give me any problems, since it's been 3-4 months already?

8. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

There is no way of knowing wether you will have a problem in the future either related to the fall or not.
    If you are that worried then get rid of it but I do agree that if you sell it you should inform the purchaser of the fall (a matter for your conscience).
    Apple are renowned for refusing warranty repairs if there is evidence of physical damage (and quite rightly so).

Having said all that I personally would not be too worried as it has already carried on for 4 months so I`d probably keep it.

9. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

You dropped your Macbook Pro a few months ago and the Macbook Pro is still working, I think the Macbook Pro should be fine. I'm sure the Macbook Pro case on the Macbook Pro took some of the force and prevented some damage to your Macbook Pro. Will you get a new Macbook Pro case for your Macbook Pro? Are you looking to get a new Macbook Pro?

10. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

Haha electronics are made to take a beating, i can barely tell there are dents. Just relax don't worry about things will be fine especially if you didn't notice anything the first time u booted up after the fall.

11. alent1234 macrumors 603

i dropped my lenovo on concrete a few months ago. a little tape is all it needed to fix it up

12. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

[​IMG]
    Just unplug the goddamn thing!

13. Kauai macrumors 6502a

The title made me laugh too.:D

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Kiddo, this is like saying your car was in a fender bender 3-4 months ago, mechanic said it checked out fine, but you want to know if there's a chance you'll have mechanical difficulty at some point in the future.

Who knows, maybe, and don't worry about it.

15. mellowguy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the all the help guys. I know it was stupid title. Anyway, I wonder if Apple will do anything about the materials they use in the next macbook pro.

16. reneesees macrumors newbie

This made me truly laugh out loud.

17. daher1012 macrumors newbie

Dropped my toshiba in a case from about 2 feet in the air and the screen shattered