Macbook Pro Early 2011 (15 inch) value in £?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totte19, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Totte19 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a Macbook pro, early 2011 (antiglare screen), with 4gb of Ram, a 2.2 ghz i7 processor, and a 750gb hard drive.

Due to a recurrent issue in the model, the logic board etc. was replaced in June 2015 (i'm sure this issue and fix is familiar to some of you), and this week a new battery has been fitted. The hard drive, however, is still the original one, so probably could use upgrading.

Does anybody have any idea how much this would be worth?

Thanks!

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

This fix isnt permanent, the new GPU can fail again at any time so in my mind its worthless, I wouldnt touch it. Sorry

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

It depends quite a bit on the buyer. To some it will be worth nothing (as above). To others it may be worth quite a bit as they may be protected and covered for the graphics issue you mention beyond what Apple offers due to legislation.

And yet others may attempt to buy it cheaply, force it to fail, and then cash in on Apple's good will and perhaps score a brand new machine as a replacement.

4. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Damn it. I wish US has consumer protection laws like in Europe.

I have the 17" model and it's hard to let go because I know that Apple (likely) won't ever make another one.

5. Queen6, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Not much, notebook is five years old with a recognised defect. Your`s has already had the Logic Board replaced which are just generally failed ones that have been "refurbished" If you sell, it`s a very time limited device dependent on the usage, nor may the new owner be overly pleased if it fails in a short period of time.

Two year old rMBP`s can be bought for less than £600, and the Retina is vastly improved, so your looking at less than half of that. I still have one 2011 15" in full disclosure I wouldn't even pay Apple to replace the battery, as my own perception is the notebook is not worth putting money into, as failure of the dGPU is inevitable.

Q-6