Macbook Pro Full Charge Capacity (from new)

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
I know there are battery threads, and I myself have made about three already, but I'm still lost.

Anyway, I think I have a battery obsession. Anyway, was looking at system profiler, and my new (five days old) 13" full charge capacity is 5715. Is that right for a Macbook so new? Only, I read somewhere, from new it should be in the 6000's. Dunno if that's right?

Regarding charging, as well. Will leaving it plugged in affect the battery? Also, am I best to charge it to full from about 30% to 100? What's best? Literally, spell it out for me what to do, I spent a heck of a load of money on this baby and want to get the most out of the battery for as long as possible.

Thanks.

marty1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2011
England
Yeah, but am concerned about the FCC, which I don't think is in there - or I've not noticed it. Also, am not sure what to do with how and when am supposed to charge. :/

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
just use it. Battery replacements are cheap compared to the full cost of the machine. Apple actually tells you how to use it.

5700 sounds about right for a new 13'' battery. I think coconut battery has some information about the design capacity, you can check that tool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.