Macbook Pro i7 Archieve and Reinstall SW NOT showing 10.6.3 (1.1)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCIowaRulz, May 30, 2010.

1. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

I have had my MacBook Pro 15 i7 2.66 8GB 500GB 7200 RPM AG screen for 1 week now and, I am having the issue with the Auto-Graphic switching freeze.
    When I opened it and, updated it through SW update it offered to install 10.6.3 v 1.1 (10D2094) and the MBP SW 1.3 update as well as a few others. I have had 3 complete system freezes requiring me to power down completely.
    I archived and installed 10.6.3 with the disc that came with it and NOW SW update doesn't show the 1.1 update just the others so i presumed Apple pulled it?

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D2084)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 10.3.1
    Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    Boot Mode: Normal
    Computer Name: xxxxxxxxxxx MacBook Pro
    User Name: xxxxxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxx)
    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
    64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
    Time since boot: 28 minutes

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

They didn't pull anything.

If you don't see it, you don't need it.

3. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird to say the least because, I did have it the 1.1 through software update and now i don't

4. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Not weird. The install from the factory was probably different than the install you performed from the disk included.

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I thought SL didn't have the same A&I that Leopard had. So when you re-installed I think SU still believes you have 10D2094 when you really don't. You can try to get the update manually from Apples website, or you could just wait for 10.6.4. It appears the new update may hit around WWDC (or at least we are all hoping it will).

6. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't care really as a Fim and Video student I spent $3800 for the top of the line system and Final Cut Pro. Yes I know there will be bugs when new things come out however this should have been caught prior to launch as this is a widespread problem.
    I am going to the Apple Store on Monday and am going to ask them about it.
    Aside from turning off the Auto Graphic switching is there anything else I can do?
    I have reparid permissions and ran both the Hardware test and the Micromat TechTool Plus from Apple Care and both found nothing wrong
    I have no system menu's or anything like that Installed however I do have Paraells which I am pretty sure that IS NOT the cause of the issue
    I am just a little upset I guess as back 10 years ago, I purchased a MacG4 867 and aside from (at the time) an OS 9 crash here and there 10.3 and 10.4 gave me no trouble at all.

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I believe, aside from taking it back to Apple, that is all you can do. I personally wonder if it is a buffer problem. From my understanding the Intel and the Nvidia do not duplicate the video buffer. So to switch between the two requires movement of that data. Of course I could be wrong...