Macbook pro insurance UK. recommendations? Who is the best/worst insurer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 111jono111, Apr 6, 2010.

1. 111jono111 macrumors newbie

Hello, i have recently bought a new macbook pro, I would like to insure it but there are so many companies and mixed reviews. Preferably insurance would cover all the bases, accidental (including liquid), theft, maybe even worldwide (don't intend on going anywhere but may do, so this is not a priority). Does anyone have any good or even bad reviews/recommendations http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews88971.html this company looks alright apart from the last review. Unfortunately I am living in a shared house and due to complications home insurance is not an option that is open to me

Any advice would be brrrrrilliant.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Jono

2. Robg54 macrumors member

I have had an EXCELLENT experience with State Farm insurance. I don't know if they are in England. It cost me about $30 for the year for the $2000 MBP (the 2.2 SR 2007 version). (Insured for the $1866 I paid after student discount). It was stolen recently, and they have offered to send me a current Macbook Pro same level (the current $2000 model) or I can get a check for the amount the replacement would cost them, about $1750.

All in all, a very favorable experience. Possibly the best $30 I ever spent.

The policy is a Personal Articles policy. I think many agents will not open them unless you also have homeowners or car insurance with them already...

Also, this policy doesn't merely cover listed problems, but rather covers EVERYTHING except stipulated issues.

The things NOT covered are:

1: Acts of war.
    2: Normal wear and tear.
    3: Rodents.

As far as I remember, that's it. I lost my SLR in a bar and I wasn't sure if I lost it or if it was stolen off my chair, and they covered it.