Macbook pro motherboard repair component - Help / Repairer in AUCKLAND

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cl Wood, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Cl Wood macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I am coming on this forum today because this is my last chance to find a solution for me according to my macbook pro. A situation that last for 3 months now and I can't anymore.

To sum up :

I got a macbook pro 13’ from 2012 (A1278).

From one day to the next my keyboard started to be out of control even if, and this is the truth, no liquid was spilled on it. Problem of keys writing nothing consistent and the click-pad doing only the right click on both buttons every other time. Finally the on/off button is not working any more.

Then the first time I found myself without the possibility to restart my computer, having some knowledge in this I used the method consisting to pull out the behind bonnet of the computer. I unplugged the battery cable linked to the logic-board, put it back and finally close the bonnet and plug again the mac to a power point for it to start on its own.

It worked and I did this for two weeks trying to find what was wrong with my computer. But the other day I made a big mistake because I foolishly removed the battery flat cable linked to the logic-board with iron tweezers…

This provoked a short circuit between the different pin of the component J950 on the logic-board. Since that my computer doesn’t start any more, when I plug the magsafe cable, a really feeble green light appear on the diode at the end of the cable.

One of my friend repair Iphone, so he has some knowledge in electronic. He made several test with a multimeter and apparently the component U7000 is dead and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, we just moved in New Zealand and we don’t have the material needed here ( SMD rework station ) to remove the dead component and place a new one.

And I cannot afford the 500 $ that shops are asking me to pay, as a fix price what ever if they spend only one hour on my computer, If I had the money I would have done that since those three months.

The keyboard has been changed by my friend but I still need to fix the motherboard. And I am fighting to find someone that could change that dead component on the logic-board obstructing all my computer power. Someone that would like extra money or someone that needs an other service in exchange ?

If anybody knows someone that could be interested or maybe that person is you, please let me know !

Thank you very much.

Claire

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Components are surface mounted on the logic board and will require special skills in order to remove and replace them. That also involves using a soldering station designed for that type of work. And that's why it's probably going to be expensive. It's usually much easier to just replace the entire logic board rather than individual components.