MacBook Pro named InfoWorld's 2008 Notebook of the Year

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aniej, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

InfoWorld has released its annual roundup of best technologies and sure enough our very own MacBook Pro was named the 2008 Notebook of the Year.

The entire list of best technologies for 2008 can be found here. It is a very thorough list covering eight different categories.

2. taintedwheat macrumors member

taintedwheat

What? How can they annouce a notebook of the year when the year has just begun?

However, MacBook Pro was ign.com's notebook of the year for 2007.:cool:

3. Macula macrumors 6502

Macula

From the cited article: "MacBook Pro's LED display, seen first in this Santa Rosa model, is remarkable in a number of ways. Unlike standard notebook displays' fluorescent backlighting, MacBook Pro's LED backlight is white; this notebook's display is capable of paper white...

Tom Yager"

Which planet did this guy just land from? Hello...! I returned two SR MBPs before getting a refund because of the notorious yellow tint issue.

Oh, the journalism...

4. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

a lot of magazine and newspapers often commingle the preceding year with their annual review that is dated for the current year. I have always found this funny too, but when you think about it how could you review all of 2007 products until it is 2008 and let's face it, no one will really care about 2007 enough to buy a magazine if it is 2008.

5. RichardF macrumors 6502a

RichardF

I agree. What a naive soul. Who the **** is this Yager guy?

6. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'd rather throw away (or sell) the DIMM's than throw away my money buying RAM from :apple:. Mr. Yager is a putz!

But he did call the MBP the best notebook you can buy, so he's not that far in left field...

7. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

That's why I bought the 17" high res LCD. It is not as bright as the LED but it is a sweet panel.

I'll revisit LED when Apple gets it right.

8. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I bought the 17" too, however, since Apple doesn't make the panels, they will never get it right ;)