Macbook Pro- Not Sleeping ( Put it to Sleep at night and No Battery Life in the Morn)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shawnshambo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. shawnshambo macrumors newbie

I Can't figure out what is going on; I've played around in the battery settings; but maybe I'm just too Green to my used 17 Inch Macbook Pro that I bought 3 months ago.

I used to have a full battery at night, close the lid go to sleep and have hardly any battery loss first thing in the morning.

Now, I close the lid or even manually put the Macpro to sleep ( from the apple menu ) and wake 8 hours later with " NO" battery.

Someone help, whats going on? what do I need to check? what do I need to set? this is getting frustrating.

the battery is still strong get about 3 hours on a full charge; it's a mac battery; so It must just be settings or something I need to do in the software.

Takes.

2. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

Do you have anything plugged into it?
    For example I have a mouse that won't let any of my Macs go to sleep, so I have to unplug the mouse to put the computer to sleep.

3. wopper macrumors newbie

Do you see the sleep light breathing? And the apple logo goes off when you close the lid?

4. wopper macrumors newbie

Do you see the sleep light breathing? And the apple logo goes off when you close the lid?

5. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

i have the exact same issue with my macbook. the screen is SUPPOSED to dim after a set amount of minutes but sometimes i never see it dimming at all.

the other night i closed the lid to put it to sleep (saw the blinking light) only to wake up and find it completely drained. this is sad. i thought macs were supposed to just work? i just bought this thing barely 2 months ago and i've had more issues with it than any other pc/laptop i've had.

6. shawnshambo thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been testing over the last several nights. This is what is going on:

The apple light does go off, the breathing light brightens and dims- but, for some reason ( if it is not plugged in) the battery is drained ( usually in full ) after 7 hours or so.

Last night I had exactly 18 mins left- when I went to bed. I made sure the light was out, breathing light was properly breathing and this morning- totally out of battery.

Anybody got an idea what is going on- might it be a hardware issue?

7. chrfr macrumors 603

18 mins of battery capacity isn't enough to let the computer sleep overnight.

8. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Exactly. Do you normally put it to sleep with a remaining charge this low? If so, that's your problem.