Macbook Pro not sleeping when it runs out of battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gibbo132, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gibbo132 macrumors regular

Hi,

So my macbook pro has been working wonderfully, until recently when it runs out of battery it goes into sleep mode but when I plug in the power cord it does not do the restoring from how it was before (i don't know what its called, but its when the screen goes grey and the white bars go across until i can get back in) it does not show me anything so I have to press the power button and even then it does not show me that screen it just reboots (i don't hold it in but just press it normally like when booting it up) Then when it is booted the date and time are reset and the Wi-fi does not work. I have to reset the clock and it then works fine. This is really annoying as I am loosing work that did not get saved (I have learn't my lesson and now save it before it is about to run out of battery!)

What could be wrong with it? I am about to call apple care but thought I might ask you guys before!

Thanks,
    Chris

2. hockey9999 macrumors member

I have been having the same problem.

Do you have Steam installed? I saw on another thread that users were having issues with sleeping on battery after playing a game in Steam.

It seems as if a reboot after quitting Steam fixes the sleep issue, at least until an update is released.

3. gibbo132 thread starter macrumors regular

I do have have steam installed! But it is about to be deleted! Pahhahah :) I haven't really used it either!

Thanks for the help :)