MacBook pro now, sell later, buy another when Sandy Bridge comes out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptainAhab916, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainAhab916 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I've been lurking in the forums now for a little while, and finally have a good question to ask you guys. I'd like to buy a 13" macbook pro now, and then wait until the Spring 2011 models come out to buy a new one. This all depends on the resale value of the 13" macbook pro, though. What do you guys think is a fair price to ask for a slightly used macbook pro? I'd have less than a year on it, and there wouldn't be any extra software included. Thanks guys

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

This site might help you:

http://www.mac2sell.net/

This would give you an idea of what your present model is valued. figure out what it cost, and extrapolate how much it depreciated. Then apply the same degradation value towards a new 13MBP a year from now. It's rough math but I don't know of any other way to predict what a compute bought today would go for a year from now.

3. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Look on fleabay for current models being sold. Depending on where you are, theres usually a very high resale value when selling on there.

For instance, I'm in the UK, and 09 Base Model 13" MBPs usually go for £700+.
    If your eligible for a student discount, the price of a new 2010 base model is £850. If I took advantage of that and then sold it in April next year, theres a good chance I could break even on it (considering not everyone is eligible for such a big discount).

Either way its one of the pleasures of owning a Mac, so inexpensive to upgrade :)

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Sorry, buying/selling/trading is to be done only in the Marketplace forum which you do not yet have access to. See Marketplace Rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.