Macbook Pro or iMac for Uni

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wordlessjam, Jul 28, 2010.

1. wordlessjam macrumors member

wordlessjam

Hey,

I am going to sell my current 15" unibody Macbook Pro to either get a new 15" Macbook Pro or iMac. I'm not sure which to get though. I would be using it mostly at uni and will be studying engineering.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Depends on your preference and needs. I prefer a notebook because I can be mobile. I'm not tied to my desk. I can go to the library and study or a coffee shop, etc.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I find a laptop to be very handy in college for taking notes. So I would suggest a MacBook Pro.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

MBP. A desktop just isn't practical for college use, unless you have something else to accompany it.

5. pyramis macrumors member

MBP is the uni student's best friend. If you need to do a lot of CAD work, consider an external monitor for your desk.

6. wordlessjam thread starter macrumors member

wordlessjam

Thanks everyone. I think I will wait until they are updated again. Which could be around October/November time? Cos I noticed with the macs the introduced the other day none of them had nvidia graphics but ati. And if I wait it would be a bigger upgrade as my MBP is from sept '09.

7. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I think I will wait until they are updated again. Which could be around October/November time?

Probably closer to late January for an update. Updates are typically about 8 months with the last update 10 months.

8. adrvocaldesign macrumors newbie