macbook pro retina keyboard slightly out of place

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jondunford, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

i got my new mbp today

the keyboard on my rMBP is very slightly out of place (fraction of a mm) from where the key holes in the aluminium shell are

this might sound OCDish but it does cause a problem as when i type i feel a slight rubbing on the side of the key on the holes

I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this

can i go to the apple store and they can open it and just move the keyboard a tiny bit? or do i need to return it

2. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

It looks like it may be glued in and considered part of the "upper case" from the iFixit guides... Meaning, everything would have to be removed from the computer to replace that part of the case.

So I would say you are better off asking for a replacement.

3. jondunford thread starter macrumors 6502

jondunford

okay :( thank you

do you know if they can replace it without me sending it back with the 14 day return scheme? like can they just swap it for me in store? its a BTO model 2.6 / 16 / 512

i understand if i need to send it back and order another one online but i would like to try everything i can before doing this =/

4. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

Call Apple.

I don't know if they will send you a new one while you continue to use that one or not.

5. jondunford thread starter macrumors 6502

jondunford

thanks

i found out i can get a replacement online with the self service website - do you know if i can keep my current macbook until the new one arrives or do they need to receive my one before they send out the new one

just asking here as i don't want to commit to anything on the website in order to find out the info

never mind my bad i just read your post again ;p