macbook pro retina trade up to the possible new macbook pro retina september 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tbluhp, Aug 25, 2013.

  1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    #1
    I recently purchased the macbook pro retina back in July of 2013 my question is if Apple release an newer updated version of mbpr during their September 2013 meeting dose Apple still do that trade in program I remember back when I had a emac they had a 90 day policy that if a newer model were to be released (for software or hardware wise) you were able to trade it in for the newer model is this still true if not what are my other options I don't want to craiglist it or sell it online cause I won't even get close to what I paid.
     
  2. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    Probably not. Macs won't be released in September, that's usually iPod's and iPad's (in this case as of late, the iPhone). Macs are usually an October event. Furthermore, Apple has offered trade-ins for 14 day windows.
     
  3. Miller93 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2013
    #3
    Yeah that September 10 rumor has been floating around everywhere as of late. I'm on the fence with it personally. The fourth gen processor is such a suttle update to the MBP, I couldnt see Apple holding a separate event for its release. Then again Ming-Chi Kuo (the analyst predicting a september refresh) does have a pretty good track record of correctly predicting releases. We will just have to wait and see on September 10.
     
  4. ggonzaga07 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    #4
    What I can tell you is that you can trade in your computer at Best Buy for a git card. Then, you can buy one of those new Haswell Macs there. It is no refund , you won't get the full price back. So I would say that you should save some cash, take care of your computer, and if you bought it recently try returning it. You will get the full price back, but you will have to go to some lan house until September or October.
     
  5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
  6. vpro macrumors 65816

    vpro

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2012
    #6
    There is a reseller in town here that puts up to 1700 for your gently used macbook towards a new model. Seek on one near you.
     
  7. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    #7
    Huh? What reseller is this that will give $1700 towards a new model? I just purchased the 13'' rMBP, 256gb ssd, 2013 model. I have it still sealed in the box... I got it for $1100, no tax, 3 days ago off craigslist, with receipt... but I am afraid to open it because of the immanent haswell release... Don't know what to do.
     
  8. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    #8
    Why? I am happy with mine and I got it two weeks ago with good discounts finally. Haswell? It is gimmick, improving performance on 5% is a joke.
     
  9. sofianito macrumors 65816

    sofianito

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2011
    Location:
    Spain
    #9
    I am wondering how many duplicates did you post recently... :D. $1100 is a so good deal that it sounds suspicious... You better open it and check if there is something inside... Maybe you'll find a nice Amiga 1200... :D.
    Seriously I don't think it lowers its resell value if you unseal it...
     
  10. The Sweet Love macrumors newbie

    The Sweet Love

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2008
    #10
    I would open it and check to make sure something is inside it too.
     
  11. esskay macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    #11
    x3... Definitely check it out, have read too many horror stories about CL scams...:eek:
     

Share This Page