Macbook Pro stuck updating to 10.13.4

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Rob.G, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Yesterday I installed (or rather, attempted0 to install 10.13.4 on my work Mac, a mid-2013 15". It got about 7/8th of the way there based on the status bar and just stopped. After a number of hours, I powered it off and back on. Same thing. Comes up stuck in the same spot. This morning, I reset the PRAM and rebooted. This time the bar went to 100% but now it's stuck there.

Not sure what to do at this point. Suggestions? :)

Thanks!

2. kohlson macrumors 68000

I have a similar model as you (late 2013, i7, 1TB 15-MBP) and experienced some issues which I am attributing to updating from the App Store. Mine seemed to complete, but then it froze on login the first time I used it in the next two days. The 3rd day this happened, it wanted something about setting up 2-factor auth. This morning is the first it didn't freeze up.

My suggestion, which I did as well, is to download the full installer from the app store. It's on the Featured tab - scroll down a bit. The disconnect any peripherals, including monitor. For me, that may have done the trick.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

I have a 27 iMac and after downloading the update, when I restarted to install it stopped after moving a quarter of the progress bar. After about an hour of no progress, I shut down the machine and restarted it and it booted to 10.13.3 and the update page in the App Store. The update was still there and said restart to install the update which I did, this time it installed properly without any stalling. Not sure what the issue was but, you’re not alone.