macbook pro trackpad issue, the bottom part of the trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iamuurme, Jul 1, 2010.

1. iamuurme macrumors newbie

so i got myself a 13 macbook pro like 1 month ago, its working great but i got a question about the trackpad. so i notice that the left border, the right border, and the top of the trackpad border can move the cursor on my screen, but not the buttom border part of the trackpad.
    1.does any body have this issue?
    2.should i sent it to apple so they can fix it ?
    3. is this normal? thanks a lot

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I've had 2 trackpad replacements due to this issue, turns out it's widespread and not that bad, just avoid rubbing right at the bottom.

The first trackpad I had did it for about 1.5" from the bottom, so they replaced that, but now it's only finger width.

If it bothers you, ask for a repair.

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I don't know, the MacBook Pro trackpad is really big and i have that issue too, i didn't even know it was an issue

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

My 13" does it on the bottom 1/2 inch of the touchpad. Doesn't really bother me but the funny thing is, better touch tool does show that its detecting my touch in that area so go figure...

5. IcyTexx macrumors member

IcyTexx

I know this thread is old but I'm facing the same "problem".

I believe this is because of the thumb problem. People seem to be resting their thumbs on the bottom part of the trackpad an the OS tries to ignore touches to the bottom until it's sure that you want to do something with that finger.

Finger tracking tools discover the finger on the bottom part of the trackpad very efficiently.

6. bad1550 macrumors regular

Regarding the trackpad how do I change the setting so if I right click the Copy command comes up rather than having to hit control then click?