Macbook Pro trade!! MBP (15-inch Late 2008) FOR MBP (13-inch, Mid 2010)

Whobarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
California
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008) trade for MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

here's the issue the serial pops up as a 15" macbook pro however they claim to have a 17" macbook pro here are the specs I was given
300gb hard drive
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

and here are my specs off my macbook pro 13"
320gb hard drive
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

laptop seems to be in excellent condition... from the pictures not really sure if its a good deal just to swap for a 15" I do have a mid 2010 macbook white 2.4 160gb that I might be willing to trade instead.... I'm just torn if its just that good of a deal HELP!!

shanester

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
i would stay away, any time you buy anything and the serials dont match, its better to play it safe and walk away.

yousifabdullah

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
DON'T!

I did EXACTLY the same swap a year ago—a Mid 2010 for the Late 2008. Just don't. Trust me. (I'm in a hurry now, but had to respond to this one. If you want, I can tell you more exactly why later.)

~ Yousif.

Whobarra

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
California
lets assume the computers are both in excellent condition and coming from a guy who is trust worthy a coworker ill have more details tomorrow after i get a chance to actually look at the macbook just wondering what you guys thought about the actual trade lets say if both were brand new....??

yousif?? i need to know why!!!

JohnBossu

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Amsterdam, Netherlands
even with those assumption the answer is still no, if I were you.

Better safe than sorry and if you really need to swap it you can do what others have suggested. Sell yours and buy the one you need. I personally never trust a good for a good swap because it will be harder to proceed if anything goes wrong later on.

ThomasBoss

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
DON'T!

I did EXACTLY the same swap a year ago—a Mid 2010 for the Late 2008. Just don't. Trust me. (I'm in a hurry now, but had to respond to this one. If you want, I can tell you more exactly why later.)

~ Yousif.
I am guessing you were somehow scammed, but I too would like to know your story of why it is a bad idea.