MacBook Pro Unibody 13.3" Refurb low-end, got it today & it has 320GB HD and 4GB RAM?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iJew, Aug 20, 2009.

1. iJew macrumors newbie

I just got my refurbished MacBook Pro Unibody, current model, 13.3". I ordered the low end, 160 GB HD, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and today when I got it and booted up, after a while I noticed it was performing, very, well. So I checked About This Mac and it said "4 GB DDR3." I immediately checked the casing for scratches/dents, as I had heard that Apple sometimes would bump the RAM to apologize for any blemishes. Well, there are absolutely no blemishes. And then later I see that I have 275 GB available space, and that just blew my mind.

Any theories as to how this happened?

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Accidentally swapped your shipment with another? Maybe someone else got lower specs than what they were asking for. Also, check you bank account and make sure they didn't charge you for a 320 w/4 GB RAM model.

One way or another, you're very lucky. Hope no :apple: rep is reading this...

3. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

They do add more RAM or a larger capacity HDD for free on occasion. Don't worry about it, but don't expect this to happen in the future.

4. iJew thread starter macrumors newbie

Possibly.. My friend theorized that possibly Apple just goes by the model number on the refurbs, and doesn't consider any upgrades the original purchaser may have made to it, RAM upgrade, HD, etc.

But yes, very lucky I am.
    I was so shocked and happy when I saw the specs :D

5. iJew thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I don't exactly go through MBPs on a regular basis, so once is good enough for me >.<

I just remembered that I did call Apple because it had been 36 hours and my order hadn't left their warehouse yet, but I wasn't even complaining, I was just asking why. I doubt that's why they upgraded it though.