Macbook pro warranty: Apple care vs best buy protection plan

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbeast123, Dec 27, 2013.

1. macbeast123 macrumors newbie

Hello, i bought my 13" macbook pro 2 years ago with the best buy warranty, it is 1 month away from expiring. I went to best buy and asked if i could renew the warranty, they said yes but this time its 250$ for one year. My question is, can i still buy apple care because some one told me you only have 1 year after you bought your apple product to buy it , and is it better to buy apple care or buy the best buy warranty for one year? (both are 250$):)

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

You can only purchase AppleCare within the first year of ownership.

3. Laco, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013

Laco macrumors 6502

As this person wrote you can not purchase AppleCare anymore. $250 seems very expensive to me for a ONE year warranty for a computer that is worth WELL under a $1000, depending on the model maybe as low as $600.

4. princealyy macrumors regular

I guess this is a bit off topic, but it answers the question...
    From my experience Apple Care is generally the best warranty when you compare the price vs benefits ...

If someone looks up this thread later, I think the best way to get extended warranty is to buy Apple Care ...

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Best Buy will give you a store credit for the value of your MBP if it dies or accidentally gets damaged? I think. You have to weigh if you want to spend that $250 ($0.70 a day). Make sure you read the warrantee before signing it.