Macbook Retina 13 Pro (late 2013) with Samsung 4K UD28590

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by marcustisater, Apr 8, 2015.

1. marcustisater macrumors newbie

Apr 8, 2015

I am trying to setup my brand new monitor Samsung 4K UD590. I do understand after a lot of research that it's compatible up to 30hertz on the macbook pro 13 late 2013 which sucks but hey that's alright. The problem is that whenever I scale the screen to the actual 4k (3840x2160) all my text shrinks and it dosen't look good. Does this have to do with the actual compatiblite with my macbook?

I looked into Using 4K displays and Ultra HD TVs with Mac computers - Apple Support but the actual system prefrences on display does not give me those settings. This is what I have

3840 x 2160

this gives me shrinking text on my OSX.

I have seen a lot of these forum replies but never found the solution for it. Can somone look into this?

Thank you very much,
  2. Command macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2015
    Not sure what it looks like but in a nutshell, higher resolution = smaller text... 4K is UHD and you might be able to go to System Preferences, Displays to scale it a bit but overall, that's expected in general.
  3. marcustisater, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

marcustisater thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 8, 2015
    Hmmm yeah well it is impossible to read the text. This is the settings I get.
    It's acctully impossible to read the text, if I put it on "recomend" it gives me 1920 and that makes my monitor lagg with delay... (sorry for swedish text)
  4. marcustisater thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 8, 2015
    Do you think it will work if i connect thunderbolt to it?