MACBook Snow Leopard printing to HP 350 thru Netgear PS121 USB Print Server

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nabu98, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Nabu98 macrumors newbie

Printer is an ALL-in-One HP Deskject F350. The Windows PCs I have print over IP using HP Deskjet F300 Series driver. I have a Netgear PS121 USB print server that connects to the ethernet local network. I have assigned a local IP address for this printer. When we got the MAC with OS X Leopard, I was able to get it to print through the print server and my HP Deskjet. I had to use a HP Deskjet F2100 Series driver for it to work. When we upgraded the OS X to Snow Leopard v10.6, the printing stopped working. I downloaded the suggested drivers that the upgrade alerted us to from HP. So I tried several different drivers, including the generic HP Deskjet F2100, the HP Deskjet series and then the HP Deskjet F300 series that I hadn't seen before the HP driver upgrade. Nothing work, moreover, the version of the HP Deskjet F300 series says V1.02. When I use the Printer Utility, it appears that I am connecting and gives me some info, but says the HP Deskjet F300 series, using HP Inkjet driver 1.07. (??) The only additional info I get is that now I get an ERROR after it tries to print with the HP Deskjet F300 series driver, where before some drivers just que'd up the document and I had to delete it out of the print que. Other drivers like the HP Deskjet Series. 'pretends' that it sends it, but nothing. Yes, I have double-checked everything, the printer is working fine through with the Windows PCs. Any help here?

2. Nabu98 thread starter macrumors newbie

re: MACBook Snow Leopard printing resolved.

well, I solved my own problem. In the printer configuration I needed to select L1 print queue for the configuration of my print server. I had forgotten about that and don't know why Snow Leopard upgrade changed it back to a default queue and didn't leave it alone. My printing through the MAC works now.