Macbook White(Late 2009) Battery Health 90%, 33 Cycle, is that normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JasonKiD, Dec 12, 2009.

1. JasonKiD macrumors newbie

Hi, I using a Macbook White Unibody (Late 2009) which I bought at last month.

Last week, after I calibrate my Macbook battery, Coconut Battery show my health status is 94% with 31 Cycle Count, which I feel sad about the percentages as I just bought this macbook not longer.

Then yesterday I decided to calibrate again, the result more worst.
    It show 90% with 33 Cycle Count, is that normal for a 1 month ++ old Macbook White?

I had search around all the battery thread in MacRumors forum, and compare with their battery health status, found that my Macbook battery health isn't as good as the other user Macbook.

Should I bring my Macbook to Apple to verify about this problem? Does anyone face this problem before and get a battery replaced from Apple?
    Hope someone can answer me or help me about this :)

2. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Same MB as the one you have bought on launch 11 cycles 96% :(

3. TheZA macrumors regular

I have the last of the old-style Macbook which I bought as a steep discount on the refurbished site. Mine is a couple of months old but is only on about 22 cycles. My battery started at 96%. For a couple of cycles it went to 97%, but most recently has been at 95%. I last calibrated it about a month ago, and don't plan to again for a while. I too have read where other people were able to get even above 100% capacity, but I believe it all depends, and just because it started below 100%, or seemingly rapidly fell to 94% or whatever, does not mean that trend will continue. I believe the general rule of thumb is that Apple will replace the battery if it falls below 80% within 300 cycles. Other than that you are on your own.

4. bimmerfreak0 macrumors member

no your battery sucks....not joking

My 2008 Macbook Unibody (non-pro) has 97% health, 3980 mAh capacity after 217 cycles over more than a year....

5. JLUGO35 Guest

JLUGO35

Might be defective, I have a mid 2009 white macbook that 6 months old and 50 cycles and it shows 92 percent health.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...my Nvidia whitebook has 32 cycles on it and its at 100%+ health with 5189 mAh on a full charge...

I calibrate it once a month and I think it gets more charge due to it being charged off base on a 100v 50Hz electrical system...

7. einstein0321 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2007 macbook and the battery it came with has 97%health but 781 cycles

8. JasonKiD thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I don't know whether i should bring my Macbook to Apple for verify this problem or not.

After few days of charging, the battery health slowly gain back.
    12/12/2009 90%
    13/12/2009 92%
    14/12/2009 93% 34 Cycle Count
    The battery health now slowly increasing, with normal charging, not calibrate.
    Never found any thread about this case that similar with me before @@"
    Might see another few days whether the health status will keep increasing or not.

By the way, thanks guy for the reply :)

9. rk1991 macrumors regular

you shouldnt worry too much if it keeps increasing because i read somewhere not sure if it was here that the percentage tends to vary up to six percentage points. Mines at 4 cycles, i bought it two weeks ago although coconut battery says its 5 weeks old and its at 94 but sometimes it varies when i charge it normally without calibrating.
    Even if mine is defective i wont be taking it in until it gets really low and after ive used it a while because i have no problems with a 5 hour batt compared to pc's 2-3.5

10. kelving525 macrumors regular

Mine is the late-2007 MacBook, so far it has 192 cycles at 85% health; I guess that doesn't seem too bad?

11. alesuve macrumors newbie

Hello JasonKiD. I have the same problem with de battery percentage. I also bought the MacBook Late 2009 last month and it only have 17 cycles, but it is the second time.

Once, the battery health decreases until the 92%, but in ten days it recoveries the full of health. And now, twice, the battery life decreases to 88% the last week and only it recoveries until de 90%. In the two cases, I used the battery until 10% (more or less) until I charge it, so I saw the reserve battery indication.

I have just calibrated my MacBook and it haven't improved. So I hope that you'll find any solutions and publicates it here.

P.D. Excuse me if I have written mistakes, but I can't speak english very good.

12. JasonKiD thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I just don't care about the battery health @@"
    See what will happen on more few couple days.

Now, my battery health is 92%, yesterday 90% @@"