MacExpo 2002

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacExpo 2002 starts tommorrow in London, England.

MacExpo 2002 is the show for all there is to learn and see about Mac's - whether you are an existing user or looking for your next PC and want to know why it should be a Mac!

This is the annual opportunity to go hands-on with all the latest technologies and techniques, services and solutions, your once-a-year opportunity to ask the experts and try-before-you-buy.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Originally posted by dethl
We need to see some innovation...I hope some good products come out.

First Post!
I would be very surprised if a new product is launched by Apple - they don't seem to use this Expo for that. Though last year it was the first place you could buy an iPod in Europe (plus they were discounted!). I wouldn't get yr hopes up, but let's see!

Padrote

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2002
Glendale, CA
IPOD?

What about the new rumored IPOD that has a color screen, so you can watch Divx or MPG3/4 clips, listen to MP3s, and use it as a PDA. That would be the best. I don't think there will be any major announcements hardware wise in this gathering. But it is close to the holiday season, Apple might just put something out there to spike interest in their products. Stock level on new iPods have started to become low now, so you never know.

Probably nothing will happen anyway...

"What matters most is how well you walk through fire..."

- Charles Bukowski

iSmell

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2002
Keynote®

Speaking of Keynotes, didn't Apple trademark the word Keynote in relation to computers and such? How come over at the Comdex site they're still calling all of their opening talk things "Keynotes"®. Did they pay Apple for this privilege?

Sixth post!!

bluey

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2002
london
new products? here? england ?

when's the last time you saw an apple product released first time in the world in this country ?

you even think Steve will be there to do it?

phgreer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Greenville, SC
An IPOD with video capability would be real nice especially with the headphone. I was riding with someone the other night and was watching the Attack of the clones DVD on my iBook but I would have felt a lot more comfortable with something like an IPOD. I would love to be able to download movies to it and view them when traveling.

oldMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
In England?

An Apple Expo in England? Is it even Apple-sanctioned? Is Apple even involved?

Seriously... Steve likes to snub Europe in general. There seems to be a recent exception for France, but England? Nah...

You guys will be lucky to get an Apple booth.

sandsl

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2002
yes, yes and yes

However it isn't organised by Apple, but for that matter neither is Macworld NY etc.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I went into the office of a local newspaper today and what did I see? 6 imacs, one on every desk, all runing OSX. ON two of the desks they had 5+ year old pc's to run some vertical market applications, but Imacs were the ONLY computers in actual use.

Adoption is there.

Rocketman

Skandranon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2002
North Carolina
Originally posted by phgreer
An IPOD with video capability would be real nice especially with the headphone. I was riding with someone the other night and was watching the Attack of the clones DVD on my iBook but I would have felt a lot more comfortable with something like an IPOD. I would love to be able to download movies to it and view them when traveling.
I want to start writing all of my Mac hardware titles in all-caps like you guys!

POWERBOOK
AIRPORT BASE STATION
SUPERDRIVE

:p :rolleyes:

drewe2

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2002
London UK
Re: In England?

Originally posted by oldMac

Seriously... Steve likes to snub Europe in general. There seems to be a recent exception for France, but England? Nah...

You guys will be lucky to get an Apple booth.
errrr actually apple has the biggest booth there for the second year running and if i remember right its the 3rd macexpo !!!!!

:eek: