machead on oprah

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
my mom was watching oprah today and called me to watch one of the segments

the show was about balance and giving up things you're addicted to... a woman was forcing her husband to give up his macs for a whole week!!!

he had a tibook (named of course), an imac g3 and a cube (he might have others but i can't remember)

anyways... do your significant other(s) ever force you to give up your technology? i know my parents are... they took away my rights to the g4 for awhile... i'm on an old powerbook for awhile :(

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
my girlfriend once got offended when she was playing around like she was gonna knock my TiBook over with her foot and I jumped on her and said to "be careful of the computer!"

other than that....no...

but it is fun when your significant other tempts u with an apple to step away from the box...he he he ;) :D :p :) :cool: :eek:

edit: oh...and no pun intended on that last comment...he he he...

one more thing to ad...my girlfriend (as well as a few of my close friends) thinks I'm addicted to macrumors...I don't know what she or they would think that?! :rolleyes:

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
my fiancee's already said that my tibook's going away for the week when she comes to see me in germany :D Apparently it'll only be switched on whilst i'm out for the day, so she can watch dvd's and divx's! The cheek of it :p

Apart from that, i don't exactly have an intravenous drip from my computer, so can leave it along for a few hours here an there... until i get curious about what's happening on macrumors that is :D

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
Lol.. I went to pick up my girlfriend for dinner today and she had a surprise for me...

she had taped that oprah show and showed it to me.. she said that i will end up like that in a couple of years....

Hey, it's a lifestyle.... right?

btw, that wasn't the surprise.. ;)

j/k!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by eyelikeart
who thinks they could give up macrumors for a week??? :eek:
Not you, most likely. It be hard to verify, but certainly you could try not to post for a week. I'd have a problem with that too.

Maybe the week after WWDC?

Anyone willing to try? How about a wager?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by dukestreet

Not you, most likely. It be hard to verify, but certainly you could try not to post for a week. I'd have a problem with that too.

Maybe the week after WWDC?

Anyone willing to try? How about a wager?
no kidding...and u are so close to 1000!!!

I'm going out of town for 10 days (May 10-20) but I'll find a way to visit each day even if it's just to make u pathetic comment...he he he :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by eyelikeart

no kidding...and u are so close to 1000!!!

I'm going out of town for 10 days (May 10-20) but I'll find a way to visit each day even if it's just to make u pathetic comment...he he he :p
I'm out of town this weekend, so I'll probably only have a handful of posts, most likely most on Sunday evening.

But what's the big deal about 1000? I don't get anything special - that I know of. I guess I'll be the 5th or 6th person to get that many posts, but its not like its all that special.

500 was more interesting because then I could get an avatar. That was worth scouring the boards for threads to comment on. I try to at least say something worth while on all my posts, although I have had one or two one liners when the banter got a little heavy.:D

You think anything is going to happen when you reach 2000?

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by Jookbox
why don't the oprah viewers try giving up oprah for a week? :rolleyes:
How about Oprah giving up Ho-Ho's and Ding-Dongs for a day?? Not gonna happen...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by dukestreet

But what's the big deal about 1000? I don't get anything special - that I know of. I guess I'll be the 5th or 6th person to get that many posts, but its not like its all that special.

You think anything is going to happen when you reach 2000?
yeah...I guess nothing too spectacular about 1000....just that u are over 1000 I suppose...I sorta got into the habit of congratulating people for their marks...

as for 2000...I guess I'll be the first to reach 2000 posts....no cigar I feel though ;) :rolleyes:

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
i better be careful

I better be careful, You guys might see my girlfriend drag my sorry ass on that show. She hates it when Im on my Mac. I guess he dosent understand that I can listen to her and work on my Mac at the same time.....

Mybe I should have found a MacHead girl!

... or convert this one :)

-evildead

palala

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2002
Long Island
Correction

Willy Wonka just turned over in his grave...well at least now he is facing upwards. The correct quote would be "Strike that, reverse it"

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Correction

Originally posted by palala
Willy Wonka just turned over in his grave...well at least now he is facing upwards. The correct quote would be "Strike that, reverse it"
Who said I was quoting Willy Wonka? It's actually a common expression...:rolleyes:

palala

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2002
Long Island
I see

Indeed. I apologize. I'm one of those people that just assumes everyone is talking in movie quotes, probably because I do...except now.