Macintosh HD won't show up on Bootcamp, both my external hard drives don't read.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by paroma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. paroma macrumors newbie

Hi,

So my mac crashed, for the 12th time in two years. It costs too much to get it fixed professionally, but I have always used the Recovery HD option (using a previous Time Machine backup to restore the system) to get it working.

This time though, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. My Time Machine back ups are on a 500GB Transcend hard drive, which won't read on ANY laptop, so it won't register when asked from where I want to back up my files.

Secondly, my other WD 1TB hard drive fell from a two-foot high table, and now it won't read on any Mac (I've tried with 4). It makes the buzzing sound and the light flashes and everything, it just won't read on the laptop (not in Finder, not in Disk Utility). It has VERY important data that I need to recover IMMEDIATELY since I need it today itself!! (Data recovery services/software cost WAY too much).

What do I do?!

2. justperry, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

The only thing you can do right now is to try those HD's out in a different case, you might get lucky it's the electronics and not the HD, if this does not work the HD's are almost sure to have HW failure and whatever you do you won't succeed recovering the data, except for those expensive data recovery services.