macOS 10.14 Mojave on Unsupported Macs Thread

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

jackluke

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
Ok worked thanks
- - Post merged: - -

Would it be ok to do —without kext

Whenever I try to enter recovery mode now, it turns off and reboots to normal log in

So after a few reboot it works fine.

but when trying to disable the SIP this comes up in terminal, please can someone help me with this
The correct recovery terminal command is:
csrutil enable --without kext

That means, enable sip but allow invalid kext signature (their patches) and consequently add them to its kextcache.

Reactions: TimothyR734

MacMusic01

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2020

That means, enable sip but allow invalid kext signature (their patches) and consequently add them to its kextcache.
Can anyone help me as even tho the command works as shown in the software image, this program that helps boost my CPU still dosent work.
can anyone help?

Can anyone help me as even tho the command works as shown in the software image, this program that helps boost my CPU still dosent work.
can anyone help?

Attachments

wire_

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2019
It’s works now! Thanks so much
Another option is to create an "Rx" partition and put the patched installer in it, then hold Option instead of Cmd-R to run Terminal, re-patch, etc.

Last two Mojave security updates I got stuck in boot loops and crashes and had to repatch to complete, so having speedy access is good.

can anyone help?

can anyone help?
Pls say more about a program that "helps boost your CPU". What's that about?

TimothyR734

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
fabiorobeto released a cosmetic UI patch for macOS Catalina but also one for Mojave is is on page 344 post number 8587 if anyone is interested

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 4.53.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 4.54.43 PM.png

Reactions: fabioroberto
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.