macOS (10.15) - the little things

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

MacGizmo

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Yes, the eject menubar applet has been around for over a decade. It's just not obvious how you enable it. You can do it in apps like Onyx, or manually:

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and double click the Eject.menu icon.
- - Post merged: - -

By the way, the Apple menubar app ejects the first Optical disc or external device it comes across (or whichever one you have selected) ONLY.

A free app called Semulov (volumes spelled backward) offers more control, including the force eject command. It's quite nice in that you can set ignored volumes, add a keyboard shortcut, and more.

chris4565

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2018
I just noticed that when I'm in Safari and then the scheduled Dark Mode activates at first the URL loading indicator's color stays the same but when I completely quit Safari and re-launch it the loading indicator becomes turquoise:
Bildschirmvideo aufnehmen 2020-01-29 um 01.45.47-0001.png

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.