macOS Cataliona on MacBook Air 2018 - 8 GB RAM

Ori Dekel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Israel
Hi,
Is there anybody that made a full benchmark on MacBook Air 2018 with Mojave vs Cataliona ?
I still don't know if it best for me to upgrade...

Sorry for my English...

Thanks,
Ori

barbu

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
I recommend the upgrade. I can't imagine any performance hit. However, you may want to check that all the software you want to use/continue using is fully compatible.

Another good reason to stay up to date is important security fixes.

Reactions: Ori Dekel

Ori Dekel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Israel
I recommend the upgrade. I can't imagine any performance hit. However, you may want to check that all the software you want to use/continue using is fully compatible.

Another good reason to stay up to date is important security fixes.
Does HyperDock fully compatible?
It doesn't appear on information system application.

Erehy Dobon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2018
You are strongly encouraged to contact HyperDock developer directly about Catalina compatibility.

It is unwise to trust the participants of an anonymous Q&A forum like MacRumors for such information, especially if this is a critical application for you despite its relative obscurity.

Reactions: sprague.rod

sprague.rod

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2017
You are strongly encouraged to contact HyperDock developer directly about Catalina compatibility.

It is unwise to trust the participants of an anonymous Q&A forum like MacRumors for such information, especially if this is a critical application for you despite its relative obscurity.
Good advice, if you have anyvdoubts stick with Mojave for now. It's a great stable OS and is fully supported with security updates at least until around the end of 2021.

lambertjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2012
I upgraded to Catalina on my 2018 Air and it's working perfectly. No issues after two months. As a matter of fact, I can't tell difference between it and Mojave (as far as performance goes.)

pdxplm

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2006
Portland, OR
I've got a 2018 with 16g of memory. I upgraded to Catalina .2 and had nothing but problems with the video, reverted back to Mojave and haven't had a single issue. I may try it again with .3, but for now not even going to look at Catalina. Love my air and the portability.

lambertjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2012
I've got a 2018 with 16g of memory. I upgraded to Catalina .2 and had nothing but problems with the video, reverted back to Mojave and haven't had a single issue. I may try it again with .3, but for now not even going to look at Catalina. Love my air and the portability.
please explain what you mean by, "problems with the video."