macOS High Sierra beta 3

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by mclarendude2, Jul 17, 2017.

1. mclarendude2 macrumors regular

how is beta 3 of high sierra is it really buggy or is it ok to try out?

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

It is really buggy, it is really slow, your battery will die soon, and you will suffer greatly.

3. kissmo macrumors 6502a

The last beta ended up for me in a Loop of Death.
    After it successfully installed, I shutdown my iMac and when I turned it back on it would not boot at all.

I tried several things but ended up wiping the drive and installing Sierra.

It's far from being useful - it consumes a lot of CPU, RAM and it's very sluggish.
    Unless you want to play around with it, I would recommend staying on Sierra.

It's not a major redesign and on a day to day usage you will not feel like you are using a different OS.

4. zhiligege macrumors newbie

zhiligege

I am using High Sierra Public Beta 2 and it works just fine for me. There're some issues with safari but the preview version of safari is good, even the icon is better than the original one.

5. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Beta 3 has been fine for me, at least Time Machine now works again.

6. lemonkid macrumors member

Of course you can try to get your Mac High on Sierra! Just use an external disc or a separate partition. It is fun to try as long you don't have unrealistic demands, like using it for every day work. Keep in mind that some processes may take a considerable amount of time. The first time you start up to mention one.

7. LarryJoe33 macrumors 6502a

LarryJoe33

It’s working fine for me. Very stable. I can’t think of anything that doesn’t work. A few of the new features aren’t working but that’s because they shut them off.

Caveat, I did not convert to APFS. I think this is a main reason for my stability.

8. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

If you have to ask, it's going to end badly for you.

9. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

I am having NO problems with beta 3...started off booting a bit slower (1 minute) and now about 30 sec. I am also using the new file system. More problems with IOS 11

10. jpma macrumors 6502

I think it depends more on which machine and what years is it from.

I'm using it quite stable with 2016 15".

11. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

I forget it is there. Don't use it all that much except Safari, Mail, Chrome Canary. Runs flawlessly on 2015 MacBook 8/256. Converted in place to APFS.

Now that TimeMachine works(better than it did in previous MacOS) and CCC works.

Pretty stock system, and al.ost ally file are in Google cloud, and not synched to local.

Use to be I'd be checking a site for app compatibility with any new OS.

12. Ron Fisk macrumors newbie

Ron Fisk

With beta 3 I've noticed that I no longer have screen brightness control and when running on battery it's almost impossible to read. The f5/f6 brightness keys on my 15" MacBook Pro are not functional. I thought at first that my backlight was out...

BTW when are we getting Disk First Aid back? You'd think that would be an Apple priority.