Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groovyd

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
Could someone please tell me why there still isn't a news app for macOS ? Seems like a basic thing that is needed since Google News sucks so bad no?

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
Could someone please tell me why there still isn't a news app for macOS ? Seems like a basic thing that is needed since Google News sucks so bad no?

While there’s no News app in Canuckistan I was under the impression the U.S had one for some time now?

[edit] sorry I was thinking of iOS...

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i'm surprised at this too. they gave us siri on the mac finally (not that i ever use it), but at least.. it's there. a news app would be awesome (altho, to be fair, i have my phone with my everywhere, but not always my mac)...

groovyd

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
crazy you know since they got all excited about this 'continuity' idea etc. reading the news here, look at me now reading the news there too ;) seems like a no brainer really... their priorities are all mixed up

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
crazy you know since they got all excited about this 'continuity' idea etc. reading the news here, look at me now reading the news there too ;) seems like a no brainer really... their priorities are all mixed up

seriously, their priorities are probably more urgent than a news app on the mac right now. but i hope we see it by next year...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.