Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we draw nearer to the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere on Tuesday, March 20, many people around the world are getting ready to travel for spring break and other holidays. To prepare you for any trip you might have planned this spring or later in the summer, MacRumors has partnered with Twelve South to bring our readers exclusive discounts on five of the accessory maker's most useful travel products.

macrumors-twelve-south-spring-break.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The promo code MacRumorsSpringBreak is live beginning today, March 16, and will be available to use on TwelveSouth.com through Friday, March 30, offering 15 percent discounts on five items during this two week timeframe. MacRumors readers around the globe will be able to enter the code and take advantage of the discounts, but shipping costs will vary by regions. For United States residents, Twelve South offers free FedEx Smart Post on all orders (5-10 days estimate), and if your order exceeds $95 you'll gain free 2-day shipping.

From organizing your charging cables to ensuring that your iPhone and Mac will be able to charge in foreign outlets, the items included in our discount should help both domestic and international travelers this season. The products can be purchased individually or in groups, and the 15 percent discount will be taken off from the total of the order, excluding shipping. Below you'll find the full list of Twelve South products offered as a discount exclusively for our readers.

twelve-south-cablesnap-3-promo.jpg

CableSnap

Promo Price: $16.99, down from $19.99
Colors: Black, Cognac, Marsala
Compatible Products: iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Apple Watch
Description: Leather cable organizers that will help keep your iPhone and iPad cables, USB-C Mac cable, EarPods, and any other wires neat and tangle free in your travel bags. Includes one large and two small CableSnaps.

Compass 2

twelve-south-compass-promo.jpg

Promo Price: $25.49, down from $29.99
Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold, Silver
Compatible Products: 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPad Air
Description: A multi-use stand that offers a stable platform to place your iPad in portrait and landscape modes so you can watch movies on an airplane, FaceTime hands-free, and even type more comfortably.

PlugBug World

twelve-south-plugbug-world-promo.jpg

Promo Price: $38.24, down from $44.99
Compatible Products: MacBook, iPad, iPhone
Description: PlugBug World attaches to your MacBook Power Adapter and provides a simple, dual-charging solution thanks to the included USB-A port for iPhone/iPad charging. Five international snap on plugs ensure charging convenience in both the U.S. and numerous other countries.

BookBook CaddySack

twelve-south-caddysack-3-promo.jpg

Promo Price: $42.49, down from $49.99
Compatible Products: MacBook, Apple Pencil, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
Description: A compact leather case with elastic bands and pockets to organize your MacBook Power Adapter, dongles, AirPods, EarPods, PlugBug World, iPhone chargers, and more.

twelve-south-timeporter-5-promo.jpg
TimePorter

Promo Price: $42.49, down from $49.99
Colors: Black, White
Compatible Products: Apple Watch
Description: A silicone-lined case for travelers that stores Apple Watch essentials like the charging cable, USB adapter, and an extra band, while also doubling as a travel display stand that supports nightstand mode.

While our exclusive promo code provides the best price online for most of these products, those interested in the White TimePorter should take a look at Twelve South's storefront on Amazon first. The product is $10 off, and an on-page coupon can be clipped to save an additional $7.50. If you have Amazon Prime's free-two day shipping, that'll make the TimePorter just $32.49.

If you're looking for a new iPhone case to take on an upcoming trip, Twelve South on Amazon has multiple sizes and colors of its $49.99 Relaxed Leather Case for iPhone marked down by $10 or more. The savings include items like the iPhone X case in Earl Grey for $37.55, iPhone 7/8 case in Warm Taupe for $39.99, and iPhone 7 Plus/8 Plus in Indigo for $38.99. A similar discount has also hit the $59.99 BookBook case for iPhone X.

Head over to our Deals Roundup for even more of the latest offers happening this week, and remember to use the exclusive Twelve South promo code before it expires on March 30. We also have a special discount code on the BentoStack for our readers, which could be another useful item to add to your travel bags on your next vacation.

Article Link: MacRumors Exclusive: Twelve South Debuts Spring Break Sale With Discounts on Travel Accessories

jamisonbaines

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2007
CA
I have a PlugBug and it has always been a disappointment.

It looked stupid on my 85W magsafe, made the MBA magsafe awkwardly large and on top of that it never seemed to charge anything as fast as I would have liked. I wound up just using it as a USB brick and skipping the power adaptor connection.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Why buy expensive (and environmentally damaging) leather to secure your cords when a $7 pack of Velcro cord-tie strips can handle like a dozen of your cords?

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

CC77

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2016
Chicago, IL
I continue to be really confused about the "BookBook" line from Twelve South. It's really counter to their (and Apple's) decidedly minimal design direction, and (subjectively) is like, really ugly. I have the SurfacePad on my iPad, and had one one my 6s for a while, and I really quite liked it, so I had been keeping an eye out for new things from Twelve South in general. But they appear to be moving into this design space where everything's inexplicably styled like an old book?

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
$17 for 3 10 cent pieces of leather with snaps on it to hold your ear pods and other cables. They have learned that Apple owners will waste their money on the silliest of things.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Why buy expensive (and environmentally damaging) leather to secure your cords when a $7 pack of Velcro cord-tie strips can handle like a dozen of your cords?

I was just going to say that. Although the leather will eventually decompose, the Velcro idea is a heck of a lot cheaper, and you get far more than three straps.

Still, it is leather, and at least it's not artificially colored leather too. I got a bag from Timbuk2, and the leather on it is artificially colored an iridescent blue. It looks revolting and if they had better pictures of it I wouldn't have bought it. *sigh* First World Problems, huh...

Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.