MacRumors God

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Sooooo..... where can I send my credit card details to get this title as well?
;) ;) ;)

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by ptrauber
Demigod is good enoough for me!

-Pete
Well, I must say, I am pretty proud to be a "Mac Rumors Regular" but how you must feel to have a title like that.
:)
LOL

denhur

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2001
hmmmm

i believe buying somethig in the macrumors store can make it possible.... automatically

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Right you are... but I dunno... seems more fun to me to work at getting that 6502 status... ;) (and I don't even wanna THINK of 65816.... eyelikeart you have WAY too much time! :D )

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
I just want to know if we get to pick which one of the cool graphics we get for our avatar when we hit enough messages.. (300?) I'd personally like an animated gif which shows my ibook sideways, chomping on PC tower casings!!

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Impressive # of posts.

I've got to say that I'm impressed at the number of posts some people have on these forums. I'm trying hard to reach Avatar status--actually regular would be good--but it takes a serious commitment.

Or maybe its just my lack of creativity. Its hard coming up with responses to all those posts! :)

Matthew

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
# of posts

I have a lot of posts... but that does not make me spechal. I just have a job that give me time to wast on Mac stuff and I have been registered here for a while now. If Ihave to work with a WinBox on my desk, at least I can talk to MacHeads!! I am kinda looking forward to getting an avatar :)

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
getting pretty close there evil. now was that you i saw at serial junkie? we always seem to be bumping into eachother around the net.

Yeah...It probably was me on serial junkie :) I have been know to post there at times. that is funny that we run in to eachother on the net... I mean.. the net is a very big place to be running in to eachother. It not as simpple as running into some one you went to high school with in your home town at a bar. I guess Mac heads all hang out in the same places :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
To the Mac Rumor gods.

I don't really thinks its fair to get macrumor god status through money!
Right now, you can't buy your way into god status... unless you buy the whole site....

"gods" may be recruited in the future... as need arises... but for now we're doing alright...

arn

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Re: The Numbers

Originally posted by Macmaniac
Could someone run the rank numbers by me?
0 posts = Newbie
30 posts = Member
100 posts = Regular
500 posts = 6502
1000 posts = 65816

stoid

macrumors 601
SC2K

Does anybody remember Sim City 2000, with all the neato little awards at different population levels? I wonder if 1000/macrumors 65816 is the equivalent to an Arcology or not? I'll just be happy when I reach 30 and lose this newbie thing! I know I just joined last Saturday (2-16-02), but I've been reading the rumors for almost a year now, and newbie is sooooo degrading.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Re: SC2K

Originally posted by stoid
Does anybody remember Sim City 2000, with all the neato little awards at different population levels? I wonder if 1000/macrumors 65816 is the equivalent to an Arcology or not? I'll just be happy when I reach 30 and lose this newbie thing! I know I just joined last Saturday (2-16-02), but I've been reading the rumors for almost a year now, and newbie is sooooo degrading.
:) i think weve all been there stoid. but if u just joined last saturday and are already at 20 posts, i think you have nothing to complain about. you will be knocking on art boy's door in no time.

if we wanted to get deep into nerdy nostalgia we could compare each level to a different SimCity2000 goal, with those higher level processor numbers corresponding to various arcologies. now if i remember correctly (which there is a high probability i dont) the 6502 then would correspond to the first arcology which was that nasty black one... anyone wondering whats after 1000? a 2000 mark? a 3000 mark? guess we'll have to wait and see.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
When will you little ****heads learn that its quality that counts and not quantity.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
spikey: o i think we all know about quality vs quanity. its just fun to look at the number of posts since its something that can be kept track of.

of course maybe i am wrong about "we all know about quality vs quantity." if you take a look at the thread about who has the best posts and threads you will notice most people seem to pull the "best" directly from the top poster's list.

and then we have these kids who come around and start posting tons of stupid meaningless posts on every thread in what is clearly an attempts to have lots of posts. i think the best example of this is this krosfyter kid. have you seen some of the threads this guy has posted on? he responds to every single post with some thing like "thats neat" "can you tell me more" "ooohh i didnt know that" little useless one liners. its a post by someone then krosfyter then a post by someoneelse then krosfyter. the guy drives me nuts. (and some of you thought artboy got annoyying at times with his endless posts... at least eyeboy has something good to say 9 times out of 10!)

so if these are the starstarstarstarheads you are talking about spikey then you definitely have a point, and if you want to run and get something started with them then please do.