MacRumors Late Nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
I'm the type of person who stays up pretty late -- and here in the U.S., it's already after hours. So once it starts to hit these late night timeframes, the activity on MacRumors slows down considerably. I keep my eyes on the Forum Spy, looking for a new post to pop-up... although it sometimes takes a while for it to happen, after dark. But when it does, I rush to complete a response, interested in seeing who else might be waiting for some action on a slow evening.

So... anyone else consider themselves a member of MacRumors' late night crew?

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I'm the type of person who stays up pretty late -- and here in the U.S., it's already after hours. So once it starts to hit these late night timeframes, the activity on MacRumors slows down considerably. I keep my eyes on the Forum Spy, looking for a new post to pop-up... although it sometimes takes a while for it to happen, after dark. But when it does, I rush to complete a response, interested in seeing who else might be waiting for some action on a slow evening.

Well, I'm in Australia, so when I'm on late, it's early morning for you guys in the US.

I'm a junkie for making myself helpful to others late a night.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Well it's 9:30am in jolly olde England and I often find this place to be a bit of a ghost town around these hours. It's a damn shame, it is.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
It's kinda sad, really. The posts that show up around this time are usually rather lame, I've found. They're either random, totally off-topic responses to threads with 500+ replies, or they're just the strangest of things to read. Interesting things and interesting people happen at this time of day (or night)... but nothing as productive as what appears during the busy hours.

jamin100

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
Yup, im in England too and its 10am here . .

Usually really quiet until around 1-2pm

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2005
I'm in too. It's almost six in the morning here in New York, and I've not gone to bed yet. Feeling kinda insomniac. 

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Me at times. Love the self imposed Graveyard shift.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Me at times. Love the self imposed Graveyard shift.
haha, Hey someone's got to take it, right? It'll be that time soon enough as it's already starting to slow down for the night. I'll be here for another couple hours though as I'll probably hit my 68000 status tonight. :)

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Rather off topic, but I didn't want to create a new thread... It could be a rather interesting late night conversation! :)

How do you use MacRumors? As in, personally, what do you find yourself doing on the site? How long would you say you spend on the site? What content do you find yourself looking at the most?

For example, I find that I spend most of my time on the Forum Spy. And in fact, I may a couple hours on the site at a time, when it's busy (or when I'm bored during these late hours). I probably check the site (and the Spy) several times a day. What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.