Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
boy there are a lot of flame wars going on this week, but nothing related to macs

one is a high school student pitted against another high school student talking about a field neither one is in

another is over guns and the pros and cons of that issue

and the other is about made in america or not made in america

the most palatable info i heard this week is someone who mentioned that they had man tits:confused:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: macs and flame wars and man tits

Originally posted by jefhatfield

the most palatable info i heard this week is someone who mentioned that they had man tits:confused:

so they'd be in the market for a manssiere or a bro?

This is what happens when Apple doesn't give us something to talk about. Good thing for the general discussion forum.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by chibianh
how about another one?

Go Avalanche! ;)

Yeah, so you freaks can tear down the city again...smooth move! :rolleyes:

How about we derail this thread before it's even begun and talk sports teams...that should be juicy...

Me- NorCal boy, so...
Giants
49ers
Lakers

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

How about we derail this thread before it's even begun and talk sports teams...that should be juicy...

Me- NorCal boy, so...
Giants
49ers
Lakers

Went to the Redskins trading day at FedEx field this past Saturday. Free admission, $1 beer, $1 hotdogs, Cheerleaders:D. Not too bad. The Skins kept trading their 1st round draft pick till they ended up with the last one, 32nd. Didn't wait around for that, though, takes all damn day.

But my one big question is: 'How come the stadium hotdogs (doesn't really matter what sport) taste so good and so different from anything you can make at home?'

Truly a question of the age....

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by dukestreet

But my one big question is: 'How come the stadium hotdogs (doesn't really matter what sport) taste so good and so different from anything you can make at home?'

This is one of those things thats best left unanswered.

Thats the same reason I don't eat that stuff any more. Havent touched beef in 4 years now. :D

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Originally posted by teabgs

Thats the same reason I don't eat that stuff any more. Havent touched beef in 4 years now. :D

Woo-hoo! I propose a new thread: Macs and Vegetarianism :D

And I missed the man-tits somewhere... but I don't know that that's necessarily a bad thing...

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa

Okay... sports... i like that one game, where they throw the ball around... it's got a nice shape... and there are the teams, you know with the pretty uniforms... "touchdown" "goal" "beer"

that's about as much as i know about sports :D just had to chime in, there's nothing else to talk about...

pnw

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by paulwhannel
Okay... sports... i like that one game, where they throw the ball around... it's got a nice shape... and there are the teams, you know with the pretty uniforms... "touchdown" "goal" "beer"

that's about as much as i know about sports :D just had to chime in, there's nothing else to talk about...

pnw

Nice one. Sorry if I'm excluding the less "jock-inclined" geeks out there...now that I think of it, here's my sporting history:

Basketball - 5th grade through High School
Volleyball - Sophomore year High School through 2nd year College
Crew - 3rd year College through 4th year College

Currently learning how to play raquetball...

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC

Went to the Redskins trading day at FedEx field this past Saturday. Free admission, $1 beer, $1 hotdogs, Cheerleaders:D. Not too bad. The Skins kept trading their 1st round draft pick till they ended up with the last one, 32nd. Didn't wait around for that, though, takes all damn day.

We made ours in a crock pot for like some kind of girls sports even (yum, high school girls changing in halls.) I'm 15 so i'm not some kind of 90 year old perv. Anyway they tasted a little like the stadium dogs, trick seems to be get cheap hotdogs and boil.

Redskins are going have a bad year again :(

You know Dan has bigger man-tits than me :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by whfsdude
We made ours in a crock pot for like some kind of girls sports even ...

Redskins are going have a bad year again :(

The skins suck, actually. You can't bait me with that.

I do believe that if you boil enough hotdogs together and keep using the same water, day after day, then you have stadium dogs. They taste so good because they truly are bad, like all junk food. But when in Rome, you need to sample what the locals eat. For me that's only about once a year thankfully.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
frcking redskins, most ridiculous team of all the NFL. the capital city of the free world, and the football team is a racial slur.

Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Stars
Texas Rangers
Football sucks, but the Cowboys since I was born.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
why do the redskins get rid of their good players, or when they get rid of their bad players they then go elsewhere and get good... e.g. desmond howard- got the super bowl mvp with green bay, though that's about it. and plenty of others.

when expectations are high, they just suck more and more.... oh well. just football.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I would rather go to the dentist then watch almost any sport. Watching golf is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Basketball was once ok, but no longer. Hockey is ok, if you can get around the fights. Football is just plain dumb and tenis is worse then golf. I would rather slam my hand, or d*ck in the car door then go to a sports stadium...

What can I say, sports have almost no appeal to me. Unless you are talking about the sex olympics :D...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by AlphaTech
What can I say, sports have almost no appeal to me. Unless you are talking about the sex olympics :D...

Uh, oh...sounds like someone on the boards likes to get freaky-deaky every now and again...;)

Wait...didn't you say you were between girlfriends right now...oh, sorry to bring it up...:D

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC

Really, what network is that on?

Dude, I also hate sports hockey is the only one I like. PUCK you lol jk (oh god that was lame) :D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Re: Re: macs and flame wars and man tits

so they'd be in the market for a manssiere or a bro?

Are you selling them? Are you manufacturing them in your basement? Weird.

Taft

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I would rather go to the dentist then watch almost any sport. Watching golf is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Basketball was once ok, but no longer. Hockey is ok, if you can get around the fights. Football is just plain dumb and tenis is worse then golf. I would rather slam my hand, or d*ck in the car door then go to a sports stadium...

What about motorbike racing? Don't even like that?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
damn!!!

I haven't been on the boards much the past few days...

I gotta get back in the saddle again!!!

how's this...I'll go against my signature just for a moment...

PC's suck!!! :rolleyes: (did that work???)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: damn!!!

Originally posted by eyelikeart
I haven't been on the boards much the past few days...

I gotta get back in the saddle again!!!

how's this...I'll go against my signature just for a moment...

PC's suck!!! :rolleyes: (did that work???)

You've definitely been a little quiet lately...take some time to catch up...there're some real corkers out there!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: damn!!!

You've definitely been a little quiet lately...take some time to catch up...there're some real corkers out there!

yeah...I promise to try harder from now on...

at least I don't have man-tits...he he he :p

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Re: damn!!!

yeah...I promise to try harder from now on...

at least I don't have man-tits...he he he :p

If there's anyone on these boards who DOESN'T need to try harder it's you. :D
Take a vacation, and give Alpha a chance to catch you up! :p

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: damn!!!

were u able to catch the campaign to save me from drowning??
"save eyelikeart"

I missed that one...'Paris went on a little rampage there...I was wondering why his post count jumped up so much. ;)

I think that waders might be better than hip-boots...more coverage, they go up to your chest...maybe even a floater, that'd last you longer...

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you

hehehehe

I'll second that. At least the dentist is over in less time and you know that your teeth are being taken care of. Even getting a cavity filled is shorter/less painful :D

You forgot one sport that's fun to watch though...MUD WRESTLING!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.