Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I just ate a turkey sandwich!

Sandwiches are very good.

In fact, I think there should be a national sandwich day. Sandwiches don't get the recognition they deserve, being a major source of food of many americans.

Plus, they are soooo good.

I mean, what beats a good ol' P&J?

Well, I guess Ramen does.... and a whole bunch of other foods. But never-the-less a P&J is damn good.

scem0

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Scem0 you could make the Ramen Noodles in to a salad mixture sandwich, awe that's sooo good!

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Re: Re: Macs and Sandwiches

Originally posted by tazo
Ahhhh, me love Sriracha. I use it on everything. Soup <asian varieties>, any asian food, spaghetti, hmmmm......

Yes, sriracha is an excellent addition to pasta sauce. It's also my 'secret' chili ingredient. But my favorite is biscuits & gravy topped with a drizzle of sriracha. Spicy goodness!

EDIT... Biscuits & gravy: A traditional breakfast dish originated in the American South. Made with buttermilk biscuits topped with a white, pork-sausage gravy.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by wdlove
Scem0 you could make the Ramen Noodles in to a salad mixture sandwich, awe that's sooo good!

Ramen + Salad == Bad
puke2.gif

I don't think it is possible to incorperate ramen into a sandwich unfortunately... :(

scem0

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
odd, i was just watching a PBS show about sandwiches and the like all over america. personally, i like those classic italian subs at Quizno's... darn good toasted bread! just had one tonight, in fact.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
bah, subway is better. Sandwiches are meant to be eaten cold. A hamburger is the only exception.

There is no beating a white large turkey sub from Thundercloud, and then heading across the 'stream ;)' to Amy's to get some of the best Ice cream ever.

Please tell me you've eaten at Thunderclouds Shadow. If you haven't then you don't deserve to be called an austinite. :eek: ;). Same goes for Amy's.

scem0

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by scem0
bah, subway is better. Sandwiches are meant to be eaten cold. A hamburger is the only exception.

There is no beating a white large turkey sub from Thundercloud, and then heading across the 'stream ;)' to Amy's to get some of the best Ice cream ever.

Please tell me you've eaten at Thunderclouds Shadow. If you haven't then you don't deserve to be called an austinite. :eek: ;). Same goes for Amy's.

scem0
i have been to amy's--great. thundercloud's is borderline disgusting up here on 183, a sanitation nightmare. screw that.

and damn your bigoted "sandwiches are meant to be eaten cold." i love toasty bread and melted cheese. it's great. and no, i never have liked subway.

but hey, there's no accounting for taste, so they say. just don't go around thinking that cold subs are the true subs. or that thundercloud's is some kind of super austin experience. that place is deplorable IMO.

evil

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
chicago ex-toronto
Re: Re: Re: Macs and Sandwiches

Originally posted by Flowbee
Yes, sriracha is an excellent addition to pasta sauce. It's also my 'secret' chili ingredient. But my favorite is biscuits & gravy topped with a drizzle of sriracha. Spicy goodness!

EDIT... Biscuits & gravy: A traditional breakfast dish originated in the American South. Made with buttermilk biscuits topped with a white, pork-sausage gravy.

i love biscuits and gravy...unfortunately i cant seem to find them anywhere around here.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by Shadowfax
i have been to amy's--great. thundercloud's is borderline disgusting up here on 183, a sanitation nightmare. screw that.

and damn your bigoted "sandwiches are meant to be eaten cold." i love toasty bread and melted cheese. it's great. and no, i never have liked subway.

but hey, there's no accounting for taste, so they say. just don't go around thinking that cold subs are the true subs. or that thundercloud's is some kind of super austin experience. that place is deplorable IMO.

bah, and you think of yourself as an Austinite..... Despicable :mad: ;) :D.

I just can't understand why quizno's would be better than subway. Subways is refreshing, Quizno's is heavy and..... overly-filling.

There is only one bad thing about Thundercloud - that horrific theme song.... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.... ;)

scem0

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
bah, and you think of yourself as an Austinite..... Despicable :mad: ;) :D.

I just can't understand why quizno's would be better than subway. Subways is refreshing, Quizno's is heavy and..... overly-filling.
i don't actually think of myself as an austinite. i think of myself as a new mexican... by far a better state overall, and Los Alamos kicks austin's @$$ for style and smarts. that's where i want to live when i graduate... up in the Jemez mountains (that's pronounced HAY-mess for you dumb Texans out there ;))...

anyways, i don't think a Quizno's Classic Italian is really any heavier than an Italian BMT at Subway... it's mostly the same stuff, same meats and such, and it's just run through a toaster. toasters don't add weight to sandwiches or change them from healthy to unhealthy. also, i don't eat out for healthy food very often. if i want healthy food, i eat fruit at home. plus my mom is a damn good cook, and my dad's on the atkin's diet, so i get plenty of that stuff.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Well, I wouldn't call any sub shop 'healthy'.

New Mexico > Austin?!!?! :eek:

New Mexico is good for one thing - skiing.

You really are going to pack up and leave the Music Capitol of the world, a center of arts, a center of technology, the coolest city in the US (well, maybe not but it's pretty damn cool) for New Mexico?

:eek:... Whatever floats your boat new mexican Quizno's boy. ;)

scem0

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Well, I wouldn't call any sub shop 'healthy'.

New Mexico > Austin?!!?! :eek:

New Mexico is good for one thing - skiing.

You really are going to pack up and leave the Music Capitol of the world, a center of arts, a center of technology, the coolest city in the US (well, maybe not but it's pretty damn cool) for New Mexico?

:eek:... Whatever floats your boat new mexican Quizno's boy. ;)

scem0
subway seems to think they offer a light, healthy meal, and i just don't care; it doesn't appeal to me. as for new mexico, it is also a centerof much higher tech than anything in austin. black box, granted, but Los Alamos attracts some of the most intelligent scientists on the planet. it's a very neat little town on a scenic mesa. and santa fe, not too far south of los alamos, has a beautiful array of mexican culture and some very classy other culture. there's an opera house north of town that is breathtaking. but let's not stretch too far OT ;)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
have yet to find a sub shop in which i can replace lunch meats with soy/wheat gluten products for my sandwich.

until then, they all are poo.

subway is good.

but to imply that no hot subs are good is dumb.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
<trys to think how he could incorperate Ramen noodles into a sandwich...>

Make a sandwich (grilled cheese would be good in this instance). Make noodles. Dip said sandwich in said noodles. Warning, only works with certain combos. Other combos may induce... well, this -

Attachments

• puke2.gif
    puke2.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 419

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by solvs
Make a sandwich (grilled cheese would be good in this instance). Make noodles. Dip said sandwich in said noodles. Warning, only works with certain combos. Other combos may induce... well, this -
yeah, that's kind of like eating cheese-covered french bread with spaghetti. my family has that combo quite often...

tazo

macrumors 68040

scem0

....not to mention uber-expensive. they are on avaerage 2-3 dollars more after everything then subway. and its not like its better food either :p :eek:

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by tazo
....not to mention uber-expensive. they are on avaerage 2-3 dollars more after everything then subway. and its not like its better food either :p :eek:
say what? quizno's charged me 5.30 for what is at least an 8 inch sub. i don't recall what the price for an italian BMT is at subway, but it's just 6 inches and not any less than $4. you can't actually get a sub of the same size there, and the 12 inch, i assure you, is about 6$ or more. really, the average price increase is going to be around $1-1.75. and the food is definitely better, in my opinion. the toasting makes it worth it for me :)

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
HOMEMADE SANDWICHES

These are my favorite sandwiches to make at home:

Tuna Melt: 1 can of albacore tuna, 1.5 Tablespoons of Mayo. 1 Tablespoon pickle relish, and chopped onions. Mix together.

Then, toast 1 piece of bread. When its done, spread Grey Poupon lightly on one side. Stack on the tuna, then put one piece of american cheese on it. Back in the oven/toaster oven, and let it melt. YUM!

Club: Roastbeef/Turkey/Ham. Pick 2. requires 3 pieces of bread. I dont like toasted for this. On one piece, but Mayo on one side, and mustard on the other. If you like extra mayo/mustard, but it on one side of each slice of bread. Then, pretend you are making two sandwiches, only the piece of bread with mayo/mustard on each side will be the top for both. Stack it all up...yum.

As for that chili sauce, its SOOO GOOD. I eat it with chicken, and YOU MUST DO THIS. Go get some LoMein Noodles (Chow-Mein) at wherever. Put that chili sauce on them, and mix it. It is sooooo good.

I eat 2 sandwiches a day usually. Both at lunchtime. I like SubWay the most out of any place.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Re: HOMEMADE SANDWICHES

Originally posted by MacAztec
As for that chili sauce, its SOOO GOOD. I eat it with chicken, and YOU MUST DO THIS. Go get some LoMein Noodles (Chow-Mein) at wherever. Put that chili sauce on them, and mix it. It is sooooo good.
nothing but the chili sauce and the noodles?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.